• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will yea it did great in benchmarks,i just rooted it might overclock it a little now=)~

I've got a Red Gibson SG Faded, That sounds like the voice of god, The pickups are hotter than hell, and its got a ton of detail to the tone :D It almost plays itself.

Then again I also use it with a 120watt full tube amp, and a 300watt fender 4x12 bass cab.

I've got a Red Gibson SG Faded, That sounds like the voice of god, The pickups are hotter than hell, and its got a ton of detail to the tone :D It almost plays itself.

Then again I also use it with a 120watt full tube amp, and a 300watt fender 4x12 bass cab.

nice you have to love gibson guitars im still wishing i hadn't sold my old 5150 stack=(

Picked these up for some fun. They overclock like nobody's business but get a little load under a high load.

66ypw5.png.jpg

Just need to bench them now and see how high I can take their clocks!

The image works for me, but tinypic is a pretty bad image hosting site. Imgur seems to work great.

The image works for me, but tinypic is a pretty bad image hosting site. Imgur seems to work great.

Yep, I always use imgur

I love their plugin/extension for Chrome as well to re-host and quick-host an area of a website (similar to the snipping tool in Win7)

At least there's space between 'em. The P67a-UD4 they're all right next to each other, it sucks.
I cram toilet paper in there now, works just as well as eraser but doesn't get stuck under the caps.

Looks like a tasty board! Have you lit it yet?

Not yet. I may fire it up and compare results with my last set of benches (G840 + P8P67 pro.) Though I am not ready for cold.

A Gene is supposed to be here from ASUS tomorrow. Looks like it has some company! Nice looking board superbg.

"What new toys did you almost get today?"

I almost got a e4300 keychain! Looks harmless enough.

IMG_0116.JPG

Then, I got fed up with hitting it with a razor, so I grabbed the smallest flat blade I could find and literally hammered it through the IHS rubber sleeving. I was 90% sure that I had cut a trace, but it works. The only downside is the LGA socket is taller than the processor without the heatspreader, so I can't run it with a normal heatsink. Oops, whatever.
IMG_0117.JPG

If you look very closely to the outside edge of the rubber, you can see copper where the blade cut through a part of the PCB.
IMG_0118.JPG

Lot's of Gene's going around. Must be contagious. Mine should be here tomorrow or friday, won't have anything to light it up with until

http://www.newegg.com/Info/TrackOrder.aspx?TrackingNumber=1ZX799331273851866

These should be here Friday or Monday:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14073809372...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

The only downside is the LGA socket is taller than the processor without the heatspreader, so I can't run it with a normal heatsink. Oops, whatever.

Is the socket actually taller, or is the retention mechanism for the chip taller? Ditch the retention clips and tape the processor in place, or if necessary, sand down the socket. :D

Is the socket actually taller, or is the retention mechanism for the chip taller? Ditch the retention clips and tape the processor in place, or if necessary, sand down the socket. :D
To clarify, the retention mechanism is taller, not the socket. Interesting idea, didn't think of that.

With some tinkering (i.e. hammer), I think I can get the bracket off. If they can assemble it in a line, I can destroy it.

Hell, I got the IHS off that processor with a hammer and screwdriver, this can't be much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back