• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sidekick™

Hi,
Still kind of new to the forum but I am really new to modding. Basically learning some of the neat things you can do. Im wondering what I should use for psu wires to be covered neatly. Like.. tubing or somthing in the nature. I've seen all kinds of pictures with cases with uv shrinkwrap? or other things. There is a lot of jaw dropping looks out there. I kind of want to do somthing like that too.

Thanks for any replies,
Dave

Well, I needed to get it done, and I just electrical taped them. If you use a coil pattern, it looks nice. And I put zip ties on the ends so it won't slide around and make a mess.

Yup- electrical tape is available in a wide variety of colors, some of them truly obnoxious :D Perfect for use in wacked out, modded computers!

There are lots of options but my favorite is to make as much wiring as possible disappear and to try and get what I can't hide to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Your local radio shack or real electronics store may have some good stuff, and some hardware stores also carry usable items.
Another place to look is auto "parts" stores like VIP or PEP Boys (biggies around here) or similar chains. They carry a lot of flashy stuff used by people looking for the "Fats and Furious" look for their cars; much works with computers as well.

i still think you should go with sleeveing
and you can get the best price at svc.com

Well, I'd love to check out some of this stuff rogerdugans was talking about. Just to check it out. See if some idea's come to mind in the process. Sleeving will always be my best option so far Im guessing so That I will definatley keep in mind. I still want to check out some of the crazy things they sell at hardware stores and radio shack n stuff.

Electrical tape looks pretty gaudy (sorry!)
sleeving looks quite nice, probally the best out of your options
other ways are split loom (can be found at automotive stores), spiral wrap (doesnt look bad, just not as good as sleeving IMO)

expandable sleeving is the way to go....takes time to do it and make it look good, but once its done, its done. makes for a nice clean look.

hey Sidekick , I got some electrical tape in 4 colors black red blue and yellow
I color coded wires in my case with them
well Daves case , and get some rounded cables will help airflow too

silent bob said:
hey Sidekick , I got some electrical tape in 4 colors black red blue and yellow
I color coded wires in my case with them
well Daves case , and get some rounded cables will help airflow too

Sweet :) I was lookin in my basement for some, I asked my dad and he gave me this tacky grey/white/old/ color tape. That's all he said he had too. But I love exploring in my basement because I found the old infamous potato gun. :rolleyes:

Back