• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FerrariF50

I can't install Seti@Home without my SmartFTP program trying to download SmartFTP.msi I have no clue what it is but i can't get it installed

What is SmartFTP?

If you are installing the screensaver, it start asking for permision to connect to the Internet to download a WU. If you are using the clc, at the start asks to connect to the internet, also.

You need to download a work unit from S@H to crunch.

Mabey it is trying to do an automatic update? Did this start happening just after you installed SmartFTP? How about uninstalling it, geting SETI set up, and then re installing it. That may help.

JigPu

lol I uninstalled SmartFtp and guess what happen!!!! It did the same thing again!!!! Ahhhhh I don't know what do Do I never seen this happen I downloaded Seti@home and when I run the .exe file SmartFTp trys to start downloading SmartFTP.Msi each time.. I clicked on the program uninstall thing and it said that it uninstall it's self and it poped right back up again......Grrrrrrrr

JigPu said:
Mabey it is trying to do an automatic update? Did this start happening just after you installed SmartFTP? How about uninstalling it, geting SETI set up, and then re installing it. That may help.

JigPu

Back