• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The data that I've seen would lead me to conclude that the PDP Patriot XBL is likely the better performer. I base this opinion on the many results reported here and elswhere. The Mushkin was compared in this review:

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2145&p=18

There are alot of people around here with the Patriot memory that I believe have attained superior results.

IMO go with the PDP stuff as there has been many people like them but the g-skill stuff is supose to be the best.

If you dont mind spending the extra 20.00...these are what I run G. Skill LC...See sig

Now if you want even better ones...the G. SKill LE's are about the best to get when it comes to 1G...these are guaranteed to run at 275FSB/HT 7-3-3-2.5...but these are also about 40.00 more then the mushkin...but also a lot better...

Now if you really dont need 1G...the G. Skill LA's are DDR600 (300FSB/HT) 8-4-4-2.5/1T rated...these have been know to hit DDR700+ (350FSB/HT) at 1T/1:1 timings with 2.9v...these are the best of the G. Skills and are only 150.00 for a 512DC kit

All of the G. Skills are guaranteed to do PC4400/PC4800 (LA) specs...and carry a life time warranty to run at those specific specs...unlike pats or muskins...

Also...all the G. Skills I linked you to are PC3200 5-2-2-2 rated...

G.skill should give you free stuff glock you do enough advertising for them. :) He's right though it is very good ram if you can spring for the extra $$$.

TimoneX said:
G.skill should give you free stuff glock you do enough advertising for them. :) He's right though it is very good ram if you can spring for the extra $$$.

I wish they would...lol...

But seriously...these are the best sticks of ram I have ever had (hence the reason why I am pimping them :D) and I have owned some killer ram in my 20+ yrs OCing and working on systems...now just kind of regretting not getting the LA's like I frist planned on getting...

And I have yet to see any Pat or Mushkin do 290FSB/HT at default settings and voltage ;)...

G. Skill represents the top teir of TCCD ram, but that often comes with a premium. Between the two choices you have listed, go for the Patriot. It is not guarunteed as high as the G. Skill, but it should clock fairly well, too. I'm very fond of Mushkin ram, but their TCCD sticks simply are not up to par with some other modules.

deception``

GL let us now how it turns out. If you're adventurous you should watch the newegg refurb section for memory. Some really good deals appear there.

Back