• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the best overclocking RAM to you?

• Micron (Including Crucial)

Votes: 297 12.9%
  • Kingmax

Votes: 55 2.4%
  • Corsair

Votes: 865 37.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 200 8.7%
  • OCZ Technology

Votes: 234 10.2%
  • Kingston

Votes: 220 9.6%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 266 11.6%
  • Nanya

Votes: 8 0.3%
  • Infineon

Votes: 23 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 135 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else make cas2 pc2700 besides corsair? I was going to buy it on newegg but there out of stock. :(

Maximus Nickus said:

I am well aware of that thread, I meant is there any OTHER memory that can consistantly hit such high FSB.

What a mix up eh?:D

I have a stick of samsung on the way. Will let you know how it tests out.

Should be interesting, although its rare any other branded 2100 memory can hit such high FSB, its mainly down too the fact that Crucial loves more voltage, and with 3.2V at my disposle (sorry I know thats spelt wrong but :beer: ) 170FSb is a charm!

I have local access to Nanya Samsung and KingMAX PC-2700's

I wonder which will give the highest FSB's.

Maximus Nickus said:
Should be interesting, although its rare any other branded 2100 memory can hit such high FSB, its mainly down too the fact that Crucial loves more voltage, and with 3.2V at my disposle (sorry I know thats spelt wrong but :beer: ) 170FSb is a charm!

Got the Samsung 2700 stick in and it will do 175 at 2.6v at fastest (including 1T) timing. Have not played with getting it higher but will not go over 175 at fastest settings even with v up to 2.9v. Will give more as I get it.

Maximus Nickus said:

Best so far at 3.1. fast settings. Have not checked it for stability yet.

WOW!

The problem with all other brands of memory is even with high voltage theres hardly any difference in attainable FSB.

Now when Crucial do 2700 memory....

I've also found a Vmem mod for my 8KHA+! Its supposed to allow up to 3.5V and 2.4V for the Core (overiding the overcurrent) but the instructions aren't clear.

The guy who did it though got over 188FSB.....at 2Ghz with an 1800+. Got to get me a 8K3A+, those PCI cards are a pain....:rolleyes:

Lemme Know how the memory fairs:)

Maximus Nickus said:
WOW!

The problem with all other brands of memory is even with high voltage theres hardly any difference in attainable FSB.

Now when Crucial do 2700 memory....

I've also found a Vmem mod for my 8KHA+! Its supposed to allow up to 3.5V and 2.4V for the Core (overiding the overcurrent) but the instructions aren't clear.

The guy who did it though got over 188FSB.....at 2Ghz with an 1800+. Got to get me a 8K3A+, those PCI cards are a pain....:rolleyes:

Lemme Know how the memory fairs:)
Nick, why are the pci cards a pain?;)
-Malakai

It's hard to vote on this when you may have only had experience with 2 or 3 manufacturers listed.

For myself. I've had Corsair and Samsung EDO SIMMs, both very stable, no issues, ran on 83Mhz bus systems. Kingston RAM in my experience doesn't seem as good as it should be, had some EDO that doesn't take an overclock too well, neither does the Kingston SDRAM I've got. The chips are a good spec, can't say the module is. I'm running IBM SDRAM in this system at the moment, but I've never strained it, it's PC-100 @ 75Mhz. My new system, I ordered Nanya PC2700 because it was that or "generic" RAM, will report on how nice it is.

Road Warrior

i voted Crucial even though i have NEVER used it. I always go with Mushkin. But all i see is crucial benches that spank most mem. ROCK ON MICRON

Kingmax is truley excellent. I'm running it @ turbo, and all fast settings (2-2-2, 5-2), although it is at 133 so I'm not sure it'll take these speeds @ high fsbs if I do however overclock.

im screwed guys. now that i have had 512 megs of ram, im spoiled and need 2x256 sticks of the next ram i buy.
thats at least 150$ every ram upgrade. when is true ddr400 cl2 gonna come out!!
-Malakai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back