• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DManeKid

i am looking for the program that lists the tasks your computer does when it starts up (ie loading programs) i thought it was regedit but i now dont think so...i remember it had 3 text files in it but i dont remember them...does this ring a bell to any1? i want to stop all of these files from starting up when i boot my computer and i know this will do it. also was this something that only windows 95,98 had?

Try start->Run->MSConfig
There is a list of proggies that start on boot up.

thanx that is basicly what i want but i have an error when i start up that i also want to fix...isnt there a text version of this somewhere?

type sysedit into your run box

what os u running and are u just looking to see whats in your startup group?

Yeah, SYSEDIT is what you're thinking of.... I was thinking MSCONFIG too until you mentioned the text file windows...

Oh well... Hope that it all works out!
JigPu

i am using windows me and it didnt work when i put that in...that is what i thought it was called but i cant find it on my computer anywhere...it must just be for older windows,does any1 know if i can do it in dos? my friends dad has done that before i will ask him later

Back