• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy Deep Blue Dye-lite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jbroad572

I want to mix this with the VW antifreeze to achieve the same color Liquid_Cooled has. Where do I but the dye-lite? I figure for the antifreeze I will just go to a dealership for that.

I'm pretty sure that the anti-freeze is a blue color that looks like liquid_cooled's.

Well he stated he used that as well as the dyelite in his post. So, that's why Im looking for both.

nope. pentosin (blue antifreeze) gives a VERY FAINT light blue color. this is what my water looked like with 20% pentosin/80% distilled water.
IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

and this is what it looks like with 3 drops of deep blue dyelite
IMG_0289.jpg

Why do you guys use anti-freeze? The thermal properties of glycol only degrade the cooling performance of straight water (glycol has less than half of the thermal conductivity of water). :confused:

I use distilled water and a dash of Hy-perlube , just as I do in my car (Hyperlube has anti-corrosion additives, which I doubt any bugs can live in either). I haven't changed my lines in over a year, and it works great. Of course, it isn't cool blue (it's green), so blue dye only gives you a lighter green color (I haven't thoroughly tested blues dyes). But if you want color over performance, so be it. :-/

Antifreeze is for people using chillers who don't want their lines to freeze. Bad for ambient water cooling.

uclajd said:
Why do you guys use anti-freeze? The thermal properties of glycol only degrade the cooling performance of straight water (glycol has less than half of the thermal conductivity of water). :confused:

I use distilled water and a dash of Hy-perlube , just as I do in my car (Hyperlube has anti-corrosion additives, which I doubt any bugs can live in either). I haven't changed my lines in over a year, and it works great. Of course, it isn't cool blue (it's green), so blue dye only gives you a lighter green color (I haven't thoroughly tested blues dyes). But if you want color over performance, so be it. :-/

Antifreeze is for people using chillers who don't want their lines to freeze. Bad for ambient water cooling.
People use antifreeze for aesthetics. For all practical purposes, using a small fraction of antifreeze in one's loop will not cripple the WC system's performance.

Also, do you have any pictures of your setup with the Hy-perlube? I'm currently dissatisfied with my Swiftech Hydr-X, and am looking for an alternative for the next time I clear out the system.

Well, considering my transmission cooler is solid aluminum and my waterblocks are copper, I'll be sticking with my 15% antifreeze/85% water mix. If I could find a copper tranny cooler I'd buy it in a second, but I have yet to find any.

Alacritan said:
Well, considering my transmission cooler is solid aluminum and my waterblocks are copper, I'll be sticking with my 15% antifreeze/85% water mix. If I could find a copper tranny cooler I'd buy it in a second, but I have yet to find any.
Hy-Perlube has an anti-corrosive, FWIW.

Alacritan said:
True. I forgot that benefit as well. Whoops.

I am going crazy trying to find this stuff..... Have they just stopped making this stuff?

Back