• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better overall motherboard MSI K7T TURBO VIA KT133A or EPoX EP-8KTA3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supafly

Registered
I'm torn between these 2 motherboards, i'm build a duron setup with 256mb of cas2 ram, and a duron 700, any problems with these 2 motherboards? i read a thread on the forum about numerous problems with the 8kta3. Thanks for all your help, also, if anyone owns one of these boards and also had a alpha pep66t hsf installed, tell me, i'm planning on using that combo

I am almost ready to give up on 8TKA3 board but am going to give it one more chance to work. It has a lot of nice features that others don't. Also look at the other posts on epox boards.

GPS (May 16, 2001 02:12 p.m.):
I am almost ready to give up on 8TKA3 board but am going to give it one more chance to work. It has a lot of nice features that others don't. Also look at the other posts on epox boards.

okay, as i said before, they have identical features, and the same chipset, i'd like to go with the msi, but i heard the epox is a better board for overclocking, i want to get my unlocked duron up to at least a gig.

the Epox board has a shitty layout, look at the power connectors!!
and also, fuzzy logic is worth it....
and the K7T is major stable..!

The MIS K7T Turbo Pro refuses to give me ANY problems. I love it!! I have used it for approx. 2 months with no crashes even when I was experimenting with overclocking my 1ghz axia AMD. I paid $126 USD for it locally here in Seattle, GREAT bargain.

Luv2Rave (May 17, 2001 07:45 p.m.):
The MIS K7T Turbo Pro refuses to give me ANY problems. I love it!! I have used it for approx. 2 months with no crashes even when I was experimenting with overclocking my 1ghz axia AMD. I paid $126 USD for it locally here in Seattle, GREAT bargain.

looks like we have a winner, gonna order the msi in a week or so. Ayone know if you can safely mount an alpha pep66t on these boards?

My system is really stable too, cept for the fact my Duron won't OC!
Updated the BIOS to 2.7 today, used the OC'rs BIOS 1.0B6, has options to turn down the clock multipliers while running higher FSB settings.

MSI is excellent in terms of rushing out a new BIOS version.

Back