• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Thermalright for Nehalem in 2 weeks please?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Old timer getting back in the game. Please educate on Thermalright models and availability.

Pls mention fans while you're at it. Thank you kindly, upgrading from this ↓

[200] FSB x 12.5 = 2500 MHz @ 1.87 Vcore with memory frequency at 100% [200 FSB] @ 2.90 Vdimm and 1.6 Vdd
nForce2 Epox 8RDA3+ v2.1, BIOS 07/29/2004
Thermalright SLK-900A with 80x38mm Delta EFB0812HHE fan
AIW 9600XT 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 500W OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS
Five 80x25mm Case Fans

Nebulous forcing me to do my own research again. :) The model is called TRUE Copper
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/cpu/true-copper/product_cpu_cooler_t_copper.html

• Why isn't it on newegg while others are?
• How much is it? EDIT OK there's a thread in here about it sorry, well over a $hundred when all is said and done :-/ forget that, I'm not competing for anything ;).
• What's the runner up model?
• How much are the adapters, you mean Thermalright does not have a heatsink that comes with Nehalem adapters two weeks before Nehalem launch :(.

What is this about:

Attachments

• ThermalrightTrueFAQ.jpg
    ThermalrightTrueFAQ.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
It weights 1900g, or close to 4.2 pounds, $99 is the retail cost, you can find it at jab-tech.

The weight is the reason it's not recommended be mounted vertical/sideways because it can bend the motherboard or break it if the motherboard is not very strong. This can also reduce the contact. This cooler is specifically meant for benching stations that are horizontal and generally have no case at all.

This cooler is specifically meant for benching stations that are horizontal and generally have no case at all.
Thanks, I edited my post just before you posted, it quickly dawned on me what this was all about.

Nice mod bing!

So... what are we talking about as far as other models go, assuming there's still no other brand to compete with Thermalright, and what's this Silversinksam is talking about:

AlphaNovatech is a big player in the world of heatsinks, but they cater to industrial use mostly. But I was lookin around at their site last week and noticed some stuff for consumer use.
I bought this from Jab-Tech to use with my new Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme, but before I bought the northy heatsink, I went to Alpha's site to see if they had anything similar (They probably have 100 things similar :beer:)

A few things caught my eye at AlphaNovaTech, especially the news from Oct 31, where they put out a press release about heatsinks with attachment holes. But the new offerings aren't as nice as the Alpha pals and 3125's from days gone by. they just don't really cater to the enthusiast market, that's a bummer as they make excellent products. I'm pretty sure they make heatsinks for other companies that get re-branded.

PS, If I didn't buy a Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme, this copper Ultimate True would have been at the top of my list.

LOL ;)

I haven't seen any other adapters for any other sinks/waterblocks for the 1366 atm. Only Thermalright has it for their TRUE. Yeah it's a separate purchase :-/

Unless you can fabricate one, you're pretty much at the whim of Thermalright.

If anyone else can chime in with best fan size / brand for this thing, please do.

Also please post thoughts on what Silversinksam said about AlphaNovatech.

Back