• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has verizon FIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do not have it, nor do I expect a similar speed service to be available here for a very long time, at least 3-5 years. I wish I did have it though, I would pay alot for that kind of speed!

I have 1MB DSL, moving to a 2MB ISP when my contract is up. Fastest we can get in the UK is 8MB ADSL. 8 and 4MB DSL are only available in the large cities, close to exchanges.

four4875 said:
im living with my 5 mb / 384kbit cable, id lve to have more upstream tho. cant wait till i can get fios. will probably be when i move to a bigger city tho :-(

argh...*grumbleing and swearing persist* im still stuck with satelite (118kb/s download and 5kb/s upload @1,800ms ping {100 BUCKS A MONTH!!}) and ur worried about fios... the world is not fair! lol

maxxoverclocker said:
argh...*grumbleing and swearing persist* im still stuck with satelite (118kb/s download and 5kb/s upload @1,800ms ping {100 BUCKS A MONTH!!}) and ur worried about fios... the world is not fair! lol

Run a wire from Escondido up there, i've got 5mbit/768kpbs :)

Just waiting for FIOS to hit the San Diego area :rolleyes:

I am with you Maxx, this just is not fair. I download at freaking 4kb a second and pay 50 bucks a month for a second phone line so I can even use my modem.

I love these forums, but there's no way i would browse with that kind of connection....lol

I really feel for you guys :-/

:drool: omg i currently have cox premier cable high speed internet which is: 9 down/1up speeds and I pay a discounted rate of $55, so for $5 LESS, I can have 15 Down / 2 up. Plus they give you Free Install, 1 month free, a Free router, and 9 emails!!! IM CALLING VERIZON WHEN I WAKE UP OMG!!!!!! :eek:

FIOS R T3H PWNZ0R!!!

Back