• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who knows DFI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Ok guys, need some help here, im trying to get this rig up and running to run some igp for the TC but i cant get the IGX to work, i have tried a few different ways but still cant get the damn IGX to come up on screen

Mobo : DFI lanparty jr 790gx m2rs

Ive tried switching the display in the bios to show IGX first and even tried to run it from the HDMI port on the back of the board but still no joy, the only thing that i can think of is that my VGA to DVI adapter has anything to do with it, as my acer monitor is only VGA but it works fine on my GPU's , but then surely it should fire up from the HDMI when its attatched? or is there a limit as to the res of the HD tv that its connected to, as its only a small tv from my daughters room that i stole to test the board and it will probably only be 720p
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
Ok ! Finally figured this out and it's something I have never come across before ! There is a set of jumpers on the board that need to be set in the correct positions to select which port you want the video to be sent to, I am sure my dvi adaptor is not compatible with the boards dvi port and that's why I could not get an output through the boards dvi socket (at least that what I think) but its working through hdmi on my daughters tv (crap picture but I don't care) just got to figure out how to work the bios now as its Totaly different to my other boards (giga/msi) and not long left before this part of the comp ends.....:-/

I had that problem too with the single link DVI port vs dual link.
Good luck! XS is planning on taking the top spot ;D

I have so much stuff to bench by next week, omg ><

I know ! I have loads of stuff to get on with just no time, I could have done without losing a full afternoon chasing this problem, my giga board could get a good gpu clock but was limited to 2.1v on the ram so mem clocks were killing the score, I'm hopeing this dfi board will do better and got some decent ram good for 600+, but this bios is layed out a bit whacky and is going to take a bit to get familiarised with.

Yeah, I still have to bench Llano, Geforce and AMD HD IGPs plus crack open my notebook and hardmod it for Intel GMA. ><

Good luck with your DFI board :) Nom YesLinux did pretty well with the same board.

I saw his score and he has some crazy good mem clocks going on, he is my target lol

Yeah, those kind of mem clocks are definitely no slouch up against DDR3, I did some testing with DDR3 5-5-5-15 and 1400 was close to 1700 CL6 so DDR2 isn't that far behind at 1300 :)

Back