• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why anticsilver3 and not articsilver3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nokiaXP said:
i go to shop and ask for articsilver3 but the salesman say only got anticsilver3.

You don't want either of thoose products,
You want: ARCTIC SILVER (one or two or three) :)

NOT: Artic Silver or antic silver. :(
artic silver is sold by a company in china selling a paste containg 10% silver OXIDE ! Has not the properties of real ARCTIC SILVER which has around 70-85% REAL silver

Gawd damn.... if they don't say AC3 they call it artic silver.... :p

This is what I found when looking up Antec Silver...

http://www.1coolpc.com/quicksilver.htm

OCZ QuickSilver Compound A very special price on a tube of silver based compound. This is the bargain of the century! While supplies last only. (Note: this product is manufactured by OCZ for a very big name thermal compound manufacturer who we aren't allowed to mention. This is the same stuff and is primo quality.)

Looks ALOT like the AS3 tube...I wonder if it's the same, unless they're talking about another company.

Actually, current Antec silver compound with a label that wraps all the way around the tube and slightly overlaps and all PCtoys brand silver compound will perform identically to AS3.

(If you get my drift.)

Nevin House
President
Arctic Silver, Inc.

honestly. with all the money you guys spend why the hell are you so cheep with a $10 tube of thermal paste. the world may never know

I'm just curious because I can run out to Best Buy and get Antec Silver instead of waiting a week to get AS3 shipped.

i have a tube of the antec silver reference thermal compound. it looks very similar to AS3, but i have not compared the two. the antec reference comes out of the tube better. IMO i would not say that the two are equal. I would say that the AS3 is a little better than the antec stuff, but i would not by any means call it crappy.

big_bertha said:
honestly. with all the money you guys spend why the hell are you so cheep with a $10 tube of thermal paste. the world may never know

no joke. nanotherm? wtf for? when 2 bucks can drop me 2c, i say bring it on. i'd trade 2 bucks for 2c lower core temp all day.

same with heatsinks. you can't possibly spend "too much" on a heatsink, I say. for what a small % of the total cost of a box they are, I say go all out.

GM1010 said:
This is what I found when looking up Antec Silver...

http://www.1coolpc.com/quicksilver.htm

OCZ QuickSilver Compound A very special price on a tube of silver based compound. This is the bargain of the century! While supplies last only. (Note: this product is manufactured by OCZ for a very big name thermal compound manufacturer who we aren't allowed to mention. This is the same stuff and is primo quality.)

Looks ALOT like the AS3 tube...I wonder if it's the same, unless they're talking about another company.

eh. i don't trust that stuff. of course, i dont trust any claims that 1coolpc/3dfxcool makes :rolleyes:

Nevin said:
Actually, current Antec silver compound with a label that wraps all the way around the tube and slightly overlaps and all PCtoys brand silver compound will perform identically to AS3.

(If you get my drift.)

Nevin House
President
Arctic Silver, Inc.

Thanks for the hint Nevin. ;)
You all got that, right?

heh heh very sneaky Nevin :D

ok, for the other people that may have missed the hint:

ANTEC SILVER IS JUST ARCTIC SILVER REPACKAGED

if you need more help, please feel free to PM me with your name and address so i can throw a brick thorugh your window with 'you are dumb' written on it

(please note, this is NOT aimed at people who missed the hint, just people who didn't understand what i just said)

Ok, first of all, why would the PRESIDENT of arctic silver come here and tell us that antec reference thermal paste is identical to AS3 when the antec paste costs half the price for the same amount?? What's that I smell, cod?? Also, I can tell you first hand that antec is NOTHING like AS3...well, a little, like how it looks and how it tastes, but that's different. All I know is that 1) I can get a tube of antec for 8 bucks and a tube of as3 for 12 bucks in town, 2) When I switched to as3, my temps dropped 3C from antec, 3) Neither tastes to great.

P.S. No offense Nevin, but I am just voicing my opinion.

Oh yeah, it is called Antec Reference Silver Thermal Compound, not Antec Silver.

Antec also was a b!tch to get out of the tube...

I usually like to stick with what has been tried and true, for a few bucks it just isn't worth taking the chance...
No questionable substitutes for my CPU's, gimme the good stuff...
Gimme that Arctic Silver... :D

LittlePiggie said:
Ok, first of all, why would the PRESIDENT of arctic silver come here and tell us that antec reference thermal paste is identical to AS3 when the antec paste costs half the price for the same amount?? What's that I smell, cod?? Also, I can tell you first hand that antec is NOTHING like AS3...well, a little, like how it looks and how it tastes, but that's different. All I know is that 1) I can get a tube of antec for 8 bucks and a tube of as3 for 12 bucks in town, 2) When I switched to as3, my temps dropped 3C from antec, 3) Neither tastes to great.

P.S. No offense Nevin, but I am just voicing my opinion.

Oh yeah, it is called Antec Reference Silver Thermal Compound, not Antec Silver.

Antec also was a b!tch to get out of the tube...

Just in case you missed it. Does that tube of antec silver have the label like Nevin described? You probably have a tube of old stuff from Antec which I am sure was not AS3. not to mention he said silver not reference. :D

Back