• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are my 9800pro marks this low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes... sorry I forgot to tell you.

I have 3 hard drives, 2 CD roms, 2 Hard Drive Coolers, 1 Floppy, and 1 fan controller. I have ZERO "empty" connectors. In fact, every one of my molex connectors has been used except for ONE floppy power connector. Thats it. Think that has something to do with it?

Also, I just got out of a game of MOH and checked my temps. Nothing OC'd and the CPU was 57.5C. That seems high to me I guess. I have an SLK800 and 80mm fan on it.

Is there some other HS/Fan combo you all recommend for better temps.

How fast is the 80mm fan? What is your case temp? You've got just about the best heatsink around so your only options are to improve case temps, buy a faster fan or reseat the sink. It might not be on right as some guy earlier in the thread said (I think it was this thread anyway :D ).

As far as the power thing goes, I've seen on more than one occasion people's scores go up 500 - 1500 points when they put the card on a dedicated line so it does make a significant difference.

The guy in this thread got 500 pts, I have another example but its on the nforcehq.com forums and don't want to look for it :rolleyes:

EDIT - aw hell here it is. You'll notice that guy got OVER 3000 points by taking all the other stuff off the molex line.

Last edited:
Hmm, I dont know the fan speed or flow rates. It's just a simple quad blue LED fan. Figured it couldnt be bad flow. Case temp at Idle right now is 34C. I guess it goes up about 38-39C loaded.

I guess I need a power supply with more connectors and more power then? I have a Raidmac 400W right now.

Timmybighands said:
I guess I need a power supply with more connectors and more power then? I have a Raidmac 400W right now.
Perhaps, or setup a 2nd dedicated Video PSU :eek: :D

BTW I edited my post above, check out those threads.

yeah i meant for a p4 not amd. if your at 2.3ghz amd thats not bad its about a intel 2.85ghz range. so any change in points?

hmm, i am curious about the power issue, right now my 9800 shares power with 1 hdd and 1 fan. i will put it on a dedicated line tomorrow and post some results.

J.

juliendogg said:
hmm, i am curious about the power issue, right now my 9800 shares power with 1 hdd and 1 fan. i will put it on a dedicated line tomorrow and post some results.

J.

me too, i think my video card is sharing some power, wonder if my score will get a boost or not if i put it on its own dedicated line.

dood....sorry to say but raidmax power supplies are cheap.

my work (www.advanced2000.com) sells raidmax cases that come with 420w raidmax psu's. about 3 out of 10 come back because it's faulty. get antec psu's.

Back