• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Can't I ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goman

Registered
Why can't I use 6.5 X138 if I CAN use 6X155? The question realy is about: I can not get in to windows at the same speed but different combinations of 930 or even 900. This just does not mke sence to me could someone clear this up for me. Hope this is not a stupid question.

That is quite the weird problem... does the PCI go to a 1/5 divider at some point? maybe that's why but I dont think so.

SickBoy

I've run into the same problem. Remember that you're running the cpu way out of spec That being said, sooner or later you're going to hit the limit, whether it's the FSB, multiplier or a combination of both. You've probably hit the limit on the multiplier at that FSB. You are running a cpu intended to use a 100MHz FSB at 155, hitting 950, not too bad.

I'd try backing the FSB down a bit and increasing the multiplier, that may help, I did that with my DURON 600 on an ASUS A7V133, it would post and run at 9*122, but runs much better, (and cooler) at 10*111, higher scores in SANDRA etc. Try that, then see which performs better in the tests.

is you chip unlocked from the factory or did you penciel trick it

i couldnt get any of the *.5 multiplyers to work with a pencile

use a window defroster repair kit to connect my L1's and i could use ANY multiplyer

try that and see if it helps

AZZKICKER (Mar 25, 2001 08:45 p.m.):
is you chip unlocked from the factory or did you penciel trick it

i couldnt get any of the *.5 multiplyers to work with a pencile

use a window defroster repair kit to connect my L1's and i could use ANY multiplyer

try that and see if it helps

I unlocked with Defogger kit and I can get all multiplyers.

Back