• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why did half of all my contacts just disappear last night?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Phone is working fine. I even have bitdefender on it. But this morning when I went to call someone, half of all my contacts were missing. Anyone know why this would happen? BTW, I'm using a Galaxy s22.

Any chance it may have to do with the Jan 1ST update? I havent had issues but its a fresh update. Could be they are moved to a group that is not shown by default.

Z

But. When I got my iphone 12 pro to hopefully retrieve the lost numbers.. It was fine at first then, I guess google or something crossed over and then my iphone lost the same contacts. Very strange.

But. When I got my iphone 12 pro to hopefully retrieve the lost numbers.. It was fine at first then, I guess google or something crossed over and then my iphone lost the same contacts. Very strange.
Wow. So, you're saying both your iphone and the other phone lost the same contacts? Hhhhow? LOL

Did you just delete an email account? Say a Google, Yahoo or maybe a work account? Any contacts associated with a deleted account would be gone.

Ask a client of mine how I know.

Of course it goes without stating the obvious, did you get hacked? I mean it sounds odd but not out of the realm. Seeing this is across Apple and Andriod suggests maybe hte account is compromised in some way.

Z

I found them in the trash on that website Janus. Thanks bro. I must've deleted them in a drunken haze because I sure don't remember doing it. I really need to stop drinking so much.

My phone dumped all but five phone numbers about four months ago, I never found out why. I reconstructed most of them through text. I don't have games or anything loaded on my phone. I use it for calls, text, and photos. Now my wife has all kinds of :poop: on her phone and doesn't have issues.:screwy:

Back