• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I'll always buy from BFG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emceepecks

Last saturday I noticed my BFG 6800GT OC was idling 10-15 degrees hotter than it should, but I didn't really think much of it. Later than night while gaming, I noticed artifacts, so I checked my temps and the GPU was at 93c :eek: . The card never went above 70 on full load before, so something was wrong. I called BFG tech support. I explained to the guy my situation and he told me that they'll ship me a replacement and to ship my card back using the prepaid UPS sticker. Talk about support! The call took place at about 1 AM and was wrapped up in less than 10 minutes.

I got the card today which is pretty amazing since it was sent out on Monday. It was packed with plenty of foam and bubble wrap and was not damaged.

I thought I'd share a good RMA story for a change. BFG really values their customers. No other company I know of offers 24/7 tech support and a lifetime warranty. I know my next card will be a BFG :attn:

Yeah, BFG and eVGA have the best customer support. Now, on the other hand, there is Creative, their RMA process is so friggin' slow, I'm about to rip my hair out.

I'm guessing you wanted to avoid remounting the heatsink or cleaning it out?

ziggo0 said:
I'm guessing you wanted to avoid remounting the heatsink or cleaning it out?

This had already been done fairly recently so I knew it wasn't the problem.

allen1090 said:
its a finger puppet/monster thing:beer:

LOL, he's right. It's kinda hard to see the little guy, but that was the best picture I could find.

Back