• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why oh Why...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

portorock

THe Mobo gods have forsaken me. Not to mention the fact that the HSF was hard to put on. My Dragon+ has gone to the big Folding comp in the sky. While attempting to put on my AX-7, the scredriver slipped and chipped a resistor on the mobo. For those with this board, it was a small one near the dimm socket. The six prong with 220 on it. Well, being that I'm qualified to replace such small components(usually with a microscope and the right soldering iron) I tried to replace it with one from another board, with a regular soldering iron and just eye'ing it. Needless to say, when I removed the cracked resistor, I also removed one of the pads it was soldered to. My heart broke when I saw that. No repair possible with my current tools is possible so I had to order a new board, the Gigabyte 7VRXP. Hope this one works out as good if not better than my Dragon+:( :( :(

Sorry to hear about your luck.It can happen to anyone of us at any time.Any reason for the switch in boards

Welcome to the forums alc, since I was forced to get a new board, I figured that I would look for an upgrade. Some may say that I did the opposite, but the gigabyte had a few extras that the Dragon+ did not ie. USB2, ATA133,dual bios(for the bad flash jobs). Plus, it was about $20 usd cheaper. I wanted the Asus board with the Cpu overheat protection, but it didn't have the intergrated lan which is something I realy wanted, and it was more expensive. Granted, you expect to pay more for quality, but I'm not trying to take anything away from giga. That's just me on my soap box again. Thnx

Edit: Still don't have a darn SMBus to get a direct read from my XP 1600+:( Oh well

I also put the ax 7 on my Soyo Dragon + and the screwdriver slipped but I got lucky and didnt hit anything important. Sorry about your loss. The Dragon + is a good board.

Back