• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the Arctic VGA Silencer REV.2 fit with Radeon 9600 PRO ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thomas1234

Hi !
I have ATi Radeon 9600 Proo ( PowerColor ) Grafikcard and I bought Antec VGA Silencer Rev.2 to setup on it ... But it didn't fit, first the Frontblend was turned as the Frontblend of my Card , then I installed the originall frontblend of the Card but after I tried to install the Cooler on the Card , there was like a transostor ( I dunno what it's name ) didn't allow the Arctic to be on the Processor of the Card , but I fasted it .. after two or three days of use it and as I was front my PC the Monitor was crazy and I smelled like something is burning , as quick as I can I turned off my PC :(
After 30 min. I tried only to see if the Card still alive , the screen came back to nor,al then I shuted off my PC .
Now will the Arctic Rev.3 fit on my Card or not ? and is my Card now not for use ? or can I use it after installing a good Cooler and fan ?

Thx for any comment !

welcome to the forums! yea, the rev 3. is designed to fit on the 9600 series also, i believe the rev 2 doesn't fit the 9600 so there's your problem.

Back