• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WIN 2KSP4 no boot -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SIOC

HI! THERE!! Nobody want to hear that WINDOWs does'nt want to boot when you overclock!!

Tha's my case...

DFI infinity NF2 freshly bought(yesterday)
AMD 2700 (2166Mhz)
Cheap memory Élixir dual 256 PC3200
Thermaltake 420 PSU

I've read the overclocking STICKY :drool: I overclocked, if i can call it this way, with everything in the box...

BIOS Default Settings:

CPU Freq: 2166 Mhz
CPU external clock : 166Mhz
CPU ratio: default
DDR clock: by SPD
DDr freq: 200 Mhz
Timing : 8 -3- 3- 3

I configured:

CPU frq 2200 Mhz
CPU ext clock: 200Mhz
CPU ratio: 11X
DDR clock: 1:1
DDR freq: 200Mhz
Timing: the same

So the PC posted and frozen in the starting Windows (F8 troubleshooting) windows. Needed to reboot. Don't know wath else i should do???

Need your advises

tank you

Try changing it back to 166, and then increase the fsb SLOWLY, in 1 or 2mhz increments at a time, and do stability testing (prime95/games) at each step before going further. Check the temps and make sure it's not getting too hot. Also, when you reach a barrier, try increasing your VCore slightly to see if it helps you go any further. Hope this helps.

HI!! WEBFREAK!! I did'nt know that i have to care so much for extra 34Mhz FSB????

Wath i don't know is if i increase the 166Mhz FSB to 169Mhz for instance, how do i set the DDR clock?? I will desynchronise it with CPU??

native language is french from Montreal\Quebec. Do my best.

tank you

I don't know a lot about the newer motherboards, but on mine the memory clock is the same as the fsb clock. Using cheap (no-name?) memory like I assume you're using from your initial post might be your limiting factor here. I would suggest you read the overclocking sticky on this forum here. You'll find more information there than I alone can give you. Hope this helps. By the way, welcome to the forums. :)

Back