• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winchester 90nm SS CPU Thread.. (Good Read)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks O.C. that was a very informatice article. It would certanly explain some of the lack of PR on the 90NM chips. It looks like there are some pretty good reasons to hold off on upgrading right now. Any guess if water cooling is going to be worth wile on the new chips?

Has anyone got a winchester core working on a prommie I beliebe these have loads of probs booting. I have a vapochill PE modded with R404 which performs similarly to an LS -45 - -50. If anyone has had any look let me know.

received my week 45 3000+ today and it goes to 9x290 without any problem... so far i couldn't get it stable at 9x300 but i could try out some other bios versions..

kontkommer said:
received my week 45 3000+ today and it goes to 9x290 without any problem... so far i couldn't get it stable at 9x300 but i could try out some other bios versions..

Cool. Is this above average for how 3000+ cpu's typicaly overclock?

kontkommer said:
What voltage are u runing through it?

kontkommer said:

Do you know what is the 5-letter code of the CPU?

Is it CBBFD or something else?

kontkommer said:

your mobo may be holding you back. try 300x8 and if its not stable, your mobo cant do that high fsb. were u able to get to windows at 2.7GHz? I cant even so at least your winchester owns mine

I just ordered my 3000+ Winchester this past week, do you guys think It'll be a SS Winchester by chance?

Here's the new parts I ordered, they should be here monday, since there sitting 25 miles away from my house this weekend waiting to be shipped :p

3000+ Winchester
MSI K8N Neo2
PDP Patroit PC3200 2-2-2-5 w/XBL Technology

I'm using the rest of the parts in my rig.

Its great to see these high fsb speeds with these chips.

I still cant believe anyone believes that week 45 is the start date for AMD to start using strained silicon on 90nm - its entirely laughable. Overclocks are getting better purely because AMD is understanding the 90nm process better thats all! Until people start achieving the overclocks that exist on SSDOI FX's, on a regular basis, then it is clear that it doesnt exist on 90nm.

Back