• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 SP1 Officially Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you guys who are doing post install sp1 want some drive space back you can run this cmd

DISM /online /cleanup-Image /spsuperseded

BTW.... will MS ever put up the full win 7 sp1 iso? ie a bootable disk with slipstreamed sp1? i already have a technet x64 iso... just need the 32 bit one.
You'll need to run it in an elevated command prompt.

They'll put it up eventually.

Windows Cleanup cleaned all files. Here's what that command gives me:
Service Pack Cleanup can't proceed: No service pack backup files were found.

hmm.... now the question is... i have a slimed down 32bit iso for my netbook (super limited on hdd space... only have 7.5gb to play with on my dell mini 9's 8gb ssd) shall i slipstream the sp1 into my custom iso.... or grab a legit 32bit sp1 iso down the road and strip it?

Grabbing a legit or slipstreaming the iso isn't it basically the same? One your doing yourself and takes a few hours for it to complete but IMO it should be the same.

Grabbing a legit or slipstreaming the iso isn't it basically the same? One your doing yourself and takes a few hours for it to complete but IMO it should be the same.

eh i tried slip streaming... but because the 32bit iso i had for my netbook was stripped it couldnt slip stream... o well.

eh i tried slip streaming... but because the 32bit iso i had for my netbook was stripped it couldnt slip stream... o well.

You're going to have to start with your original iso, slip stream, then strip back out the stuff you had stripped previously.

Any word on when W7 Home Premium SP1 "Family Packs" will be out? I'm holding off on my second Family Pack purchase until I can get the SP1 version. Nothing so far - even MS's own site doesn't specify SP1 on the family pack as of today:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/products/offers-family-pack.aspx

I'm sure they want to get rid of all of the leftover non-SP1 physical stock first, huh? I've already slipstreamed SP1 into my own copies of W7 - but I always like getting the official MS SP1 version once they come out since I don't know if MS "officially" supports any of the 3rd party slipstream integrators like RT7 Lite...

Thanks for any info :cool:

ya... knew i shoulda saved the stripping setting somewhere.

Yeah its a pain in the butt, I just stopped using vlite and nlite a while ago -- they lost their usefulness as RAM got cheap and hard drives got ludacresly large. I guess I can see it if you have an old/small SSD its the only way to get it to function, but if you've got 64GB or larger it just doesn't even seem like its worth the effort. Too much stuff can break everytime there are windows updates...

Yeah its a pain in the butt, I just stopped using vlite and nlite a while ago -- they lost their usefulness as RAM got cheap and hard drives got ludacresly large. I guess I can see it if you have an old/small SSD its the only way to get it to function, but if you've got 64GB or larger it just doesn't even seem like its worth the effort. Too much stuff can break everytime there are windows updates...

I just started looking at them but more so for the program installation on install aspect. Though when I used it for XP and Vista I never had issues with normal updates. The service packs are what requires the full blown install to work though.

I just started looking at them but more so for the program installation on install aspect. Though when I used it for XP and Vista I never had issues with normal updates. The service packs are what requires the full blown install to work though.

Oh yeah, they are great for integrating drivers and whatever else you might want to add. I never had much luck removing things though; I always ended up a couple months later with problems due to something missing. I guess it depends on how agressive you are with stripping stuff out, but if you aren't removing much why even risk it is how I feel.

I don't strip stuff out as I have the hardware to handle the extra bloat and it runs fairly responsively on my systems.

Yeah what do you guys strip out of it and how does it help in terms of what you can 'feel'?

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
ASUS EAH4850 Radeon HD 4850 1GB DDR3 @ 625 MHz GPU & 1986 MHz Memory
OCZ Agility 60GB SSD
Asus Xonar DX sound card
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

thanks. i haven't slipstreamed any windows service packs since winxp sp3 so i wasn't sure what the suggested software was these days.

*edit: actually, rt seven lite isn't working with my ISOs. must have something to due with the fact that i used eicfg remover so it wouldn't prompt me for which version it wanted me to install. makes no sense to me to keep around multiple copies of practically the same disc just because i have both professional and ultimate keys. going to have to redownload a clean ISO from MSDN to see if it works with that :shrug:

*2nd edit: no luck. gonna have to keep on trying different things.

Last edited:
thanks. i haven't slipstreamed any windows service packs since winxp sp3 so i wasn't sure what the suggested software was these days.

*edit: actually, rt seven lite isn't working with my ISOs. must have something to due with the fact that i used eicfg remover so it wouldn't prompt me for which version it wanted me to install. makes no sense to me to keep around multiple copies of practically the same disc just because i have both professional and ultimate keys. going to have to redownload a clean ISO from MSDN to see if it works with that :shrug:

*2nd edit: no luck. gonna have to keep on trying different things.

If you have MSDN access why not just grab the iso with SP1 integrated already? :confused:

because we have a limited number of users who have download access for my company and i am not one of them :)
to elaborate, we have all of our common ISOs and install files on a shared folder.

also, i am curious what all rt 7 lite can do.

Last edited:
Don't understand why would you remove the eicfg remover? All disks have the same data on it from Home to Ultimate, just that you have to select which version you want on install.

As for rt 7 lite, it can slipstream, remove features, automatic installs, automatic setup of system, etc. Its similar to nLite and vLite that we've used in the past just that its a newer software and its not developed by the same team if not mistaken.

Don't understand why would you remove the eicfg remover? All disks have the same data on it from Home to Ultimate, just that you have to select which version you want on install.

i was just trying it to see if for some reason i didn't like that i had ran eicfg remover on the ISO. made no difference. oh well, if i cared that much i would just make a new thread :p

Back