• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Intel 2.8ghz running at 4.7ghz stable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
I was reading the november latest issure of maximum pc where they were comparing the new amd 2800+ to 2.8ghz p4 and they said that intel showed them a 2.8ghz p4 that they had overclocked to 4.7ghz using some sort of superadvanced cooling. Maximum pc didn't say the details. I think this really shows the potential of intel chips, versus amd (ape & monkey devices).

Probably LN or something of the like. I'd be willing to bet that chip didn't last long at 4.7GHz being supercooled like that. IMO, that isn't a real test of a processor's potential.

If memory serves, the system wasn't all that stable at 4.7Ghz. The demo was for 4Ghz with a 2.8. It was stable there, but when they pushed it up to 4.7 for s&g it crashed before too long.

the chip was northwood for sure. I dont know how stable it was but they claimed there were able to work in windows with it.

Back