• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Writing Zeros to a Raptor Raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycundaground

OK guys i got the 2 WD Raptors finally working in raid. When i install winxp and enter the F6 thing and i get past the partitioning too. When i do the NTFS formatting, it formats it but stays at 100%. After like 4 minutes of waiting it says something is wrong with your hard drive. I think writing zeros will solve the problem. But is there a program i can write zeros to the Raptors? Ive tried the WD diagnostic thing for IDE, but it says no hard drives found?

Take them out of raid and do them individually with the WD diagnostic utility. If not you can download various programs that will write zeros for you. If those are your only drives on that computer though you'll have a problem.

nycundaground said:
OK guys i got the 2 WD Raptors finally working in raid. When i install winxp and enter the F6 thing and i get past the partitioning too. When i do the NTFS formatting, it formats it but stays at 100%. After like 4 minutes of waiting it says something is wrong with your hard drive. I think writing zeros will solve the problem. But is there a program i can write zeros to the Raptors? Ive tried the WD diagnostic thing for IDE, but it says no hard drives found?
What controller are you using? I had the SAME issues with XP after formatting.... I was using the Highpoint 1520, total garbage!

Thanks Rocco for your help.

NM guys i finally got it to write zeros, disabled raid in the bios and with Cntrl-I. Now im writing zeros. Called up WD Tech support and i asked them what is wrong. They were like Sata what? Raptor Who? Western digital does a great job in educating their employees about the lastest hard drives. Keep up the good work WD?

Back