• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 3800+ In Stock at Newegg $405

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
argh.. can't decide. I was just about to order a 3000 venice at ewiz...

$404usd sounds kinda of pricy. I have seen it at Canadian stores for $450cdn.
Thanks

elec999 said:
$404usd sounds kinda of pricy. I have seen it at Canadian stores for $450cdn.
Thanks
Yeah. If this was at 354.00 like its supposed to be I would get one. I think I might hold off on ordering anything for a few more days. My X850 XT PE should show up tommorow, but my DFI Ultra-D probably won't be here until monday or tuesday.

I dont like egg cause they hate us Canadians :( And they are not all that cheap either. Canadacomputers.com sells the X2 3800+ for $452cdn, which is $372usd, and canadacomputers dont charge for shipping, just a $10cdn handeling fee, no matter how much you order. Mind you, we are stuck with 15% tax... so it costs $436usd shipped.

Sounds like price gouging to me. Supply and demand is one thing, but a roughly 25% mark-up is wrong.

Oroka Sempai said:
I dont like egg cause they hate us Canadians :( And they are not all that cheap either. Canadacomputers.com sells the X2 3800+ for $452cdn, which is $372usd, and canadacomputers dont charge for shipping, just a $10cdn handeling fee, no matter how much you order. Mind you, we are stuck with 15% tax... so it costs $436usd shipped.

Price match it with ncix from www.pccanada.com/ -->only$444 with 7%gst...that's ~ 350usd

invisible hand said:
Price match it with ncix from www.pccanada.com/ -->only$444 with 7%gst...that's ~ 350usd

NCIX doesn't stock 3800+ X2's yet. It won't be too long though ! I can't wait for the price cut too . Alot of cheap X2's coming our way if we sell our old CPUs :)

TekeTorvo said:
Sounds like price gouging to me. Supply and demand is one thing, but a roughly 25% mark-up is wrong.

This is a perfect example of supply and demand. if it proves to be overpriced, they will have to lower prices in order for it to sell. It sounds like to me your just mad that it isn't "cheap enough" for your tastes.

Travis Dawes said:
This is a perfect example of supply and demand. if it proves to be overpriced, they will have to lower prices in order for it to sell. It sounds like to me your just mad that it isn't "cheap enough" for your tastes.
The fact is that the msrp is 354.00... AMD isn't seeing that extra markup, the reseller is. Needless to say newegg is going to make a fortune on these.

Travis Dawes said:
It sounds like to me your just mad that it isn't "cheap enough" for your tastes.

Sooo... I make a random comment, which is what these forums are for, and you "ASSUME" I am mad about something? Who are you to put words into someone else's mouth?

*edit* YGPM

The prices are supposed to drop a bit after Aug 12 once most resellers have their hands on them...

Travis Dawes said:

i tend to agree with this statement for the simple fact that it seems to me like neweggs catering to the "i have no patience whatsoever and want to be well informed on the status of this purchase with good service reps who want to work with me if i have any problems and to get the best products in the shortest amount of time on a regular and dependable basis and i dont mind paying a few dollars more" crowd. of course seeing them mark up thier 4400s to 90$ more than the other major online vendors is a bit over the top though. i see they lowered it back down to 699$ which is more reasonable but still too high even for the speed of service they provide.

Neweggs prices have been like this for a while, I remember when you could get everything there without shopping around because 99% of the time it was the cheapest. But hey its supply and demand.

Back