• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 GTO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cegha

Registered
ok so the last card i had was a 6800 vanilla, i changed my stuff over to AM2 and PCI-E. I bought a X800 GTO to hold me over till DX10 stuff rolls around.

I'm not familiar at all with ATI's stuff.

I'm running dual monitors, and can't figure out how to extend the taskbar onto the 2nd monitor.

By default with my 6800 when i ran a game it would play on my left monitor, and the right one would go into like standby (as in it would just blank it out).

With the X800 GTO, it plays the game on my left, but just shows my background on my right monitor, and im just use to it being blanked, so it's kinda like odd, and slightly annoying. Anyway i can make my monitor go into standby.

I use to use that like Nvidia Nview tool. Well with the ATI Tool (i think) and multi-res, it makes my monitors act as 2 seperate monitors, running at 1280x1024 vs 1 single monitor running at like 1920x____.

It use to detect the both monitors as one and act like it was just a giant monitor. How would i go about doing this.

You are going to have to use a program to extend the bar onto your extended desktop. There are a few out there, but the only I ever tried was UltraMon when it was freeware. Now you must pay for it and I havent tried it lately, but it did allow me to do that.

As far as the second monitor in standby, I would just turn the monitor off. I dont believe there is a setting in CCC or any other program to put it in standby. I use the second monitor to display voice programs, IRC and other info while gaming, so I prefer to leave mine on.

Back