• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X850 Pro for $119.00

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reefa_Madness said:
New price on the X850 Pro AGP version for sale at ATI

Radeon® X850 Pro 256MB AGP - New + 1 Year Standard Warranty
Price: $119.00

...and the coupon for 5% and free shipping still works. To your door for $113.05, which in my opinion, isn't too shabby at all.

If you are looking for AGP, this is hard to beat, but if you are looking for PCIe, that Sapphire X850XT at the egg sure looks like a great buy.

How much better is it than 6600GT? Will it hold untill DX10?

This card compares to the 6800GTs and when modded, to the Ultras.

It blows away the 6600GT.

hey save me an X850XT, i gotta sell some stuff then im jumping on that bandwagon.

Since the question quoted my post, I understood the question about comparing the 6600GT to be referring to the X850 Pro (AGP), therefore my reply related to modding/flashing it to open all 16 pipes from the stock 12. If you look, you'll notice in the sig of the poster, ShadowPho, that he is running an AGP system with a Northwood processor.

Your are right about the X850XT...it does not need to be modded...just overclocked. :)

Last edited:
Silversinksam said:
Even if it is laser cut, looking at the pics from the Flash Instruction site, it looks like a fairly easy fix to use a conductive pen to re bridge what the laser cut since the connection to both ends is on the surface.
As far as I understand it they're cut on both sides of the die, so a pen won't work (at least mine was :( ). I'm thinking about buying one of these and giving mine to my little brother [provided the new one unlocks - if not I'll just keep whichever clocks highest].

As for the 6600gt comparison, this should pull ahead of two 6600gts in SLI. it is slightly faster than the 7600gt, altho the fanboys would never agree. Just lacks lots of newer features like SM3.

Will Eatforfood said:
As for the 6600gt comparison, this should pull ahead of two 6600gts in SLI. it is slightly faster than the 7600gt, altho the fanboys would never agree. Just lacks lots of newer features like SM3.

Would this be the X850XT?

Since he is comparing this to PCIe cards, then yes, I would say that he is referring to the X850XT. That is simply a great card for $112 or so, shipped (after the MIR).

As far as AGP goes, how good is this card? My friends was looking at a 7800GS and i suggested it. I know they have performance differences, but they also have a big price gap.

Oxalic32 said:
As far as AGP goes, how good is this card? My friends was looking at a 7800GS and i suggested it. I know they have performance differences, but they also have a big price gap.

Probably VERY similiar gaming performances. You will probably only see a difference in benchmarks.

The only real difference is the ATI cards are lacking SM 3.0. So go nvidia if you desire SM 3.0.

Personally i would just get the ATI to use for the time being and wait it out for DX10 cards then upgrade again then.

Edit: I'm thinking of the 7600GT/GS cards, the 7800GS will probably have a little bit of performance gap between a X850XT, but again, i would just get the X850XT then upgrade again when DX10 cards come out.

One of my friends claimed this is no longer in production and must be a refurb. Is he spewing crap or is it refurbished? Looks like a buy for a new card to me.

Yes the card is out of production but that doesn't mean much. ATi still has back inventory to clear from the last generation. Just because a chip maker stops pressing chips doesn't mean the product will disapear from the market right away.

If the product is not refurb but is on clearance it only means that they have a product that they overestimated demand for so they have to cut the cost to make it more appealing and need to free up space and assets for the next generation of products.

Basically this deal is similar to the bargin bin in video game stores some video games there are used but others just had to much supply. This also doesn't even mean that the product is bad, for example you could pick up beyond good and evil for like 10 bucks from a bargin bin brand new.

Back