• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 content problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcadiousUk84

Registered
Hi guys, ive just signed up and i need some help. ive got oblivion game on my 360. I downloaded all the new missions content and it all went on fine. then i had to replace my console when it started damaging my games. And i kept the hard drive. now the content doesnt appear. even though its on the hard drive. its says there is content that is no longer on the console. and I can only use it, if im on Xbox Live all the time. ive tryed deleting the content and re -downloading it. Didnt work. And also started a new file. content goes on, then when i save and disconet from live it goes again, when file is loaded again. Do you think theres something wrong with the harddrive or the game? all other games etc work fine.

first off, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

OK, as for your problem, that is wierd, but ive never tried changing my hdd to another 360. so, i would GUESS that its a problem with the hard drive. you could always go buy a new hdd, then put yours in the box and return it for a refund....

I think the problem is due to a copyright method MS uses to make sure that the owner of the content doesn't copy and share it with others. It has tags in it from the old console that make it belong to that console AND the LIVE account, thus it not working with the console but working with LIVE. I suggest you call MS tech support and they'll help you out. Nothing is wrong with the game or the hard drive. It's the DRM (Digital Rights Management).

It seems I now have to be connected to the internet to make the content work all together. This only started to happen after I downloaded the new Knights Of Nine content before that it was working perfectly. My mate was having the same problem he contacted MS and they said there's nothing they can do about it. It's something to do with the DRM thats in it which is why the game only now loads the content with a Internet Connection open.

IT'S STUPID!

Aren't you always connected to live when its on?

Anyway, I would call again and ask for a credit of points to re-DL the content and if they won't ask to speak to a supervisor. MS will give you ANYTHING if you are persistent and its not like its your fault the unit broke. Was it a launch unit or is it still under the new 1 year warrenty? If so and it was replaced by MS they will have records of it happening, which should make the "convincing" a little easier.

Back