• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 for $100 on Turkey Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lionsault_100 said:
You can't believe tht this would cause a huge amount of traffic to bomb the site ?

No, Amazon is supposed to have this uber state of the art blazing fast l33t network that can handle anything. Well I guess thats wrong.

Argh I've been waiting and i hit refresh 3 mins before the time and up to it........and the last time i tried was a min before and it never loaded.........curse the net.

yeah i didn't even have the chance to click buy or whatever it just refreshed after a couple mins saying it was sold out..lame

Now... how do you resolve the issue of the entire world trying to load your page... hmmm...

As a sidenote, I think that people who are closer to Amazon's servers geographically most likely get the pages first... or am I incorrect in how the internet works?

I know I would like to know that answer too.. Bahh who cares though we all knew that this was joke.

I was getting a complete page refresh every four to six seconds from 12:57am CST till now, saw the "Get this deal", clicked it, and it was sold out in the five or so seconds between when I was able to glimpse it and answer the security question. Jolly good fun!

(my question was basically "What is 1+9?" :))

Hey, it was worth a try. Half the worlds male population hit f5 at 10:59 am Pacific time.. what do you expect?

Back