• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 Live split screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Ok, bought the Xbox 360 for the kids for Christmas (For myself too :D) I haven't gamed on a console since Atari so it's been while. I signed up for Xbox Live Gold and I was wondering if I can have 2 people playing live at the same time on the same xbox? After doing some google searches I found conflicting answers but nothing helpful. We are playing COD5 online and I was trying to have 2 of us join with the split screen playing on the same account. They have a guest account but it doesn't seem to work. It looks like I can't use 1 account for 2 people so I was going to buy another Gold account but before I do I want to make sure we'll be able to split screen the games.

Some games support split screen online and others do not.

COD5 does not support split screen online

Other games like gears of war 1 and 2 support split screen but for 2 you can't use a guest account, you need another gold account.

Other games like gears of war 1 and 2 support split screen but for 2 you can't use a guest account, you need another gold account.

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for the quick reply. :beer:

A lot of the time it depends on whether you're playing in a Ranked or Social match.

Ranked matches are limited to one gamer per account...although if both/multiple players all have an account a Ranked Team game may allow split-screen play.

How can you tell if a game supports split screen multiplayer?

A lot of the time it depends on whether you're playing in a Ranked or Social match.

Ranked matches are limited to one gamer per account...although if both/multiple players all have an account a Ranked Team game may allow split-screen play.

Ok, that makes sense. I ended up getting my son his own gold account (But only after he got me to a pretty good rank :) ) but I think it would be fun to split screen online with COD5.

How can you tell if a game supports split screen multiplayer?

You can't really tell for sure unless you read more about it, but it will most likely have an option to sign in a guest at the main menu. I remember Call Of Duty 3 supported split screen multiplayer for up to 4 players and it was really fun playing with friends.

Just a note: Halo 3 supports guest online as well. I was kinda ticked off when I realized that COD5 didn't, just stinks that you can't take over to a buddies house that doesn't have an xbox and do multiplayer online at the same time. Oh well.

Back