• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 8800GT 512MB - Alpha Dog Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks will give it a go tomorrow gotta goto work soon, and yeah i stand by my words of "burn & return"

well... i guess the good thing is i can turn the eye candy up all the way o nany game "excluding crysis" and not have a hit in my fps :D

No SLI on Intel boards. nVidia i680 chipsets have some SLI action but they don't like quads IIRC.

There are a lot of holes in the board. Make sure you update your BIOS to get all the quad core stability updates and you'll be pretty good. I was able to get 2.8, but then nothing between 2.8 and 3.2. 3.2 was as high as I could get my Q6600 stable on that board. The only people I've seen getting 3.6 on a 680sli board were people doing all sorts of vdroop/vdrop mods. Even then, the vast majority of them were on water.

So... 680i will get you SLI and a moderate overclock. p35/x38 will get you a high overclock and no SLI.

Is that 930 OCd? I would think you'd be closer to 10K with that setup in 3dm2006. I got to 9500 with an X2-3800+ @2.8GHZ and 8800GT @756/1834/950

haha, the place i bought it from, has it on sale now for less than what i paid "279", they have it on for 249, so "i worked there before" I will go back and get them to give me the difference back, +10% :D.

thats how they do it, so thats fine with me :)

Back