• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-Ms and default multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr_Obvious said:
From what I've seen and read, your A7V8xx is the same as my A7V600, as a matter of fact I think it was just a name change. Anyway, if you go to advanced in the bios, and on the very top where it says speed. scroll down thru the choices of whatever it shows your cpu at 100.133.166,200. at the very bottom it says manual. set it there, and it will allow you to manually select all the multi's and all the clock speeds from 100 to over 200. Just be careful, that being a via board, it doesn't have a PCI lock, end you don't want to jack your pci bus up more than 35 or 36. Hope this helps

Changing the multiplier from the BIOS menu works correctly for unlocked CPU's ie like mine, the problem is as stated earlier in the thread after resuming from S3 sleep the multiplier is reset to the default.

Does this happen on your A7V600?

Mr_Obvious said:
Bradleyland and Mastarpete. Look closely at the first post. A7V8XX. Not A7N8XX The V stands for VIA Chipset. The N stands for nForce chipset. two completely different animals with thier own unique set of problems when it comes to OCing. What works for one wont for the other.
DOH!.. yeah I know the differences. but apparently I can't read so.. :eek:
*damn asus for using such similar mobo names.. :D*

one thought on the wire mod though..

would it be possible to use other pieces of wire to kinda balance out the chip..
say along the outer edge.. that just barely stick out the side.. that don't connect other pins together.. maybe even use a thin coat of nail polish or something to insulate the wire and maybe keep it "glued" to the socket

Back