• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2100 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
40 idle or full load ?

Does the Ax7 come with a fan, which one is it ?

Did you put AS3 on the heatsink ?

And finally what's your ambient temp, that for me plays alot on my temps.

Honestly, 40 idle is a bit high with the cooling you got going in your case, you should be at least in the mid 30's depending on ambient, but if it's 40 full load that's a decent load temp.

I get 33 idle 37 celsius full load (computer at stock settings no overclock), but that's with an ambient of 72 farenheit, as soon as it gets hotter in here the cpu temp rises with it, but it rarely does. :D

i think i am at about 75f in here. i honestly dont know. with the crappy asus temp monitering it shows 40 all the time. i have a 80mm delta with as3. i am wondering if i need to reset the heatsink. also the case temp is 30.

thanks,

Will

Asus motherboards are notorious for their inconsitent temperature readings. Many have experienced the Asus probe reading 40 all of the time. Try using mbm5. I have it and it works well. Because you have bios 1011, your board should be reading now from the on-die temps. Mbm5 can also read from the insocket thermistor as well.

My temps around around 41 C ilde at ~25 C ambient at a slight overclock( I haven't gotten around to anything higher). I have an Alpha pal8045 with a 120mm 80cfm fan ducted to the outside.

If your computer is stable..I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, Asus boards are a little finicky on temperature readings, and the XP 2100 is a hot chip. If your rig is stable, you're fine.

if u upgrade the bios it should fix that temperture problem.... its a great board i like it =D i can't boost up the vcore any higher then 1.85 i have no idea why

hey,
i just got mbm5 up and here are my temps:

idle: 44
load: 49

do you think it would help to reset the cooler? or what do you all think the problem is. i mean i have 2 fans that take the hot air away from the cpu. so i think that is the only fix.

thanks

Will

44 idle and 49 Load sounds fine.

I get 45 idle and 50-51 load and i have a slower chip and much better cooling than you.

Athlons just run damn hot. I've never had any instability problems from the heat, its this damn via crap southbridge that causes all my problems.

Thats a huge jump slippery. Your CPU should only go up a few degrees from idle to load. you should really check your heatsink.

Remember, heat usually doesnt ruin a chip, its the constant cooling and heating that causes the most damage.

I just put a retail 2100 in my machine and I'm getting about 50 under load . About 46 with the case cover off.

hey will how do you reset your cpu cooler. mine runs a little hot and would like to give it a try. i'm stable so not really consernd. mine runs about 43idle and 48-49 full load.

Back