• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2600 Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

Picked one of these up at newegg.com for pretty cheap. Just wondering if it will be able to oc better than my 2500 and if they come unlocked...

AXDA2600DKV4D 1024497240479 AQYFA 0341VPMW

By the looks of it, its going to be a locked chip. The stepping you show (AQYFA) is a stepping is always locked, at least from what I've seen. Also, if you look at the week (0341), it shows Week 41, and just about all of those are locked. Refer to this thread for more info on how to tell the difference.

There is still O/Cing hope for you though. Good RAM and a good Mobo will allow you to O/C it just about as far as you can O/C an unlocked one. Good Luck with the chip! :)

thanks for the info...we'll see how it goes...i'm going to be using the chip with some ocz pc3500 and a nf7-s 2.0..so hopefully I'll be able to get a decent oc.

Back