• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeah! I&#39m watercooled!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob Cork

Yeah baby! Finally got my kit together, tested it overnight in the shed - no leaks, so I put it in the case and got it all running at last (had the pieces for a coupla weeks now). And hey - it feels good ;-) Some good news and some bad news though; my temps are cooler, down to 39C max at 1.94V, under air cooling they went up to 43C at 1.88V. I'd call that quite an improvement! However, I still can't get to 900MHz, whatever I try - though 892 is rock solid now (used to crash sometimes in 3d games, and after a few hours of Seti). I'm tempted to rip that duron 600 (dabs sent me a 600 when I asked - and paid - for a 650 WTF?) out of my bro's comp and try that with my watercooling, see if I can't hit the gig with it - whaddya think? Is it worth it? I'll probably try anyway in a few days.

Oh yeah, a couple of tips for anyone building a watercooled rig: 1) Don't stress too much about bleeding all the air out, just leave it running out of the case overnight like I did - there was no air left in the morning. 2) Plan everything CAREFULLY - I left one of my tubes too long, so it's a bit cramped now, which I guess would put a bit more strain on the connections at the ends. And make sure you have somewhere to put the pump, cos mine ended up being fairly jerry-rigged, but hey, it works. I think that's about it, I really just wanted to shout about my new liquid-cooled computer! And it's not even leaked once yet!!! :)

Oh, yeah...

Nice to hear from another fellow overclocker he made his first watercoolin' setup. Honestly I'm a little bit surprised your Tbird didn't benefit from the extra cooling (yet :D ). Even not when you make a cold start?

I'm preparing my own watercooling setup, and wanted to know have fast I could get. On a cold day, I put open my window and let my room cool to 9° C :( (it's freezing here in Holland). My athlon K7 500 did 800 at 1.8V stable, 850 1.85V for a while, all with 1/2 cache! It's a 650 core with 3.3ns cache. Now it can do 750 at 1.7, but I'm running 700 because the GORB can't take away the heat fast enough.

What a little bit of cold air can do... Now try and imagine watercooling! Succes!

Me and my Gorb...

Hey, I never said I liked my GORB. When I bought my GFD (first OC-experience) I needed a better cooler and gorb was the first thing I walked into. Some people say it's good. It didn't really work for me, but I don't bother lapping or something because I set my mind on watercooling.

Me and my Gorb...

Mr. Murphy (Dec 25, 2000 03:57 p.m.):
Hey, I never said I liked my GORB. When I bought my GFD (first OC-experience) I needed a better cooler and gorb was the first thing I walked into. Some people say it's good. It didn't really work for me, but I don't bother lapping or something because I set my mind on watercooling.

lap it really good, and sell it on ebay :p

Back