• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your opinions on this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

You may have noticed i posted a while back about my planning for a WCing setup... Im still planning... Kinda dropped it for a while becuz of work and vacation straight after, so here's a list i compiled. Just want to ask you gurus your opinion on it.

D-Tek White Water P4 CPU Block (clear top)
I hear this is the best after the Cascade and it's comming out again today.

D-Tek JR-120 Radiator + Fan shroud
I opted for this over a car radiator is that i heard that a new car heatercore may cost as much as this (about $35 each i think over at dtekcustoms) and i would need to clear out all the gunk in old car heatercore. Im considering getting 2 and putting them in paralell, are the benefits large or are they small? Worth it?

Clearflex Tubing
Hear it's just as good as Tygon cept at a fraction of the price, seems like a steal How much tubing will i be needing?

Swiftech MCP600 Inline Pump
From waht i've read, the newer models have had the bugs ironed out and produces head pressure + GPH which rivals that of the Ehim 1250 yet only a bit louder, but a bit smaller.

Swiftech MCW50 GPU Block
From what i hear, decent performing low resistance block, sound good to me.

Undecided Reservoir
I have crappy self bulding skills (never modded anything in my life and my dad's not big on DIY, he has trouble drilling holes in the walls and his DIY skills are much better than mine. Ive run out of Optical drive bays on my Thermaltake Xaser III. Im thinking of putting it on the top of the case right in the back on top of the area the PSU is in.

Water Additive
Havent given much thought on this, but the D-Tek site says that SuperCool is better than both Purple Ice and Water Wetter, but im not too sure.

UV Dye
I saw this guy with a kind of very light blue water colouring in his tubes and it looks really, really cool on Gruntsville.com Case gallery.Im aiming for that kind of look, minimal tubing, minimal wires and cool looking UV Dye. I have a Blue Cooler Master Cold Cathode in my com ATM.

Thanks to anyone who helps me

For tubing I say around 10 ft for everything. It might be more than you need but it's good to have that much if you make a mistake. Everything sounds, but for the resevoir I wouldn't go that route and would opt the TLine just like voodoo said. The bayrez is nice and all and if you get the divider thats inside the rez thats even better but all rez kill flow and that's something you don't want. :)

Well, the wreckers/smash repairs shops have been rather uncoopoerative on this issue and i live all the way over in Hong Kong where there are absolutely no decent water cooling parts anywhere.

Can anyone give me an idea of how a T-line works and how to install it? I looked through the stickies and they dont tell me much on the actual operation/installation of a T-line.

Im probobly gonna get everything from D-Tek, but they dont sell the Swiftech MCP600 v2 pump, only the Eheim 1250. How does it compare to the Swiffy pump? It's even cheaper by about US$20.

Edit: From reading around more, my understanding of a T-Line is a hose right at the top of the system with a T junction. The perpendicular hose goes up and is capped somehow to get rid of bubbles and to fill the system. But how do u exactly cap it? Hose clamp? Blocked barb?

Last edited:
Back