• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You've got mail!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
Overclockers.com is now offering, to its members, a new email service. There is a catch, however...it comes at a price.

For $10 every 6 months you can have your very own [email protected] email address! This is a basic email forwarding service which will require you to have a valid email address already. The way this works is simple, someone sends an email to [email protected] and it is automatically bounced to your real email address. No hassles, no servers to remember and nothing to setup!

For $25 every 6 months you can have your very own [email protected] which will offer 20Mb of space. Call this the premium account.

Payments will be accepted by Skip and myself into a PayPal account we both have access to. The proceeds are going towards helping pay for the bandwidth costs of the forums. Using regular USPS mail will be fine as well, just please avoid sending cash payments. Money orders or certified checks are preferred.

If you need to send by mail, contact Skip, Newbie_Doo or myself for the address to send payment to. PayPal payments will need to be made to [email protected]...be sure to include your forum name when sending payment, if we don't know who you are, your payment will be refused. Unfortunately, smaller payments and subscription times are not accepted as it would be too much hassle in the event we have numerous members interested in this offer, we would not be able to keep up with it. Email addresses other than your forum name cannot be accepted at this time either, just too hard to keep track of.

"We went 200GB OVER the alloted limit last month." This is directly from Skip

...keep in mind how much extra bandwidth costs. You get the idea, Skip needs help! All moneys collected will be withdrawn solely by Skip for the purpose of paying this extraordinary amount of bandwidth the forums are using. Donating more is not only welcome, but greatly appreciated.

So hurry up and get a great email service sporting the name of thePREMEIR overclocking site on the internet while doing your part to keep it #1!

Last edited:
Using regular USPS mail will be fine as well, just please avoid sending cash payments. Money orders or certified checks are preferred.

:)

so there's not actually any storage? it just forwards everything to like my hotmail or ISP's mail acct that i already have or what? i'm a bit confused...

Personalization cost overclockers.com nothing in bandwidth, and the money generated is intended to help with current bandwidth issues (stop visiting here! you're killing us!!! :p )

Shadow ÒÓ said:
ack! just edited it.

For $25 every 6 months you can have your very own [email protected] which will offer 20Mb of space. Call this the premium account.

ok so this would actually be an actual mail acct. then... accessed by outlook express or another mail client? pop3 or http? or is there another thread in which all this is listed yet i am just too stupid to go look first? :D

Mr. Chambers said:

ok so this would actually be an actual mail acct. then... accessed by outlook express or another mail client? pop3 or http? or is there another thread in which all this is listed yet i am just too stupid to go look first? :D

That's what I'm guessing seeing as you get 20mb of it.... what else would you do with it ;)

See, we want to actually make money on this, so of course it's USD. Taking CND would be like paying you to have email. :D

or maybe the afgani money... i think i saw on the news they burned all of it and it was all liek 10 dollars or 10 cents USD or something =P kinda funny... but sad too.... hm..

would the email be active only as soon as you get the money? i am assuming so...

and will you guys send reminders and stuff around the six month time so it dosnt get erased or somthing? this is kinda cool...

oh and is there a way to check it not in outlook or somthing? like through a site? cuz i dont like having my email on my HDD... kinda can lead to crappy things... like losing important stuffes:D :eh?: :D

and there won't be any limit to email usage right? sorry to ask this stupid question but i saw this pop email provider they had limitations on how many emails / meg's i can transfer in a month if i exceed my limit i either have to close the account or pay them extra

i would like to have that email address, i have no experience of internation transactions so will a money order from my local bank (Standard Chartered ANZ Grindlays Bank) will be acceptable to you? sorry i don't know procedures

baqai said:
and there won't be any limit to email usage right? sorry to ask this stupid question but i saw this pop email provider they had limitations on how many emails / meg's i can transfer in a month if i exceed my limit i either have to close the account or pay them extra

i would like to have that email address, i have no experience of internation transactions so will a money order from my local bank (Standard Chartered ANZ Grindlays Bank) will be acceptable to you? sorry i don't know procedures

Well for the premium service you'll have a 20MB maximum. I don't know happens if you go beyond 20MBs after all I don't see why the heck you would actually use 20MBs of e-mail messages. It may give you an error.

no Yodums what i meant was "is there any bandwidth usage limit" i hope i am making any sense, there was limit of 100mb/month transfer limit via email on the site i was talking about (lemme search and post a link so it all make some sense)

Back