• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 9900LED vs. Noctua NH-U12P-SE2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NS13Stinger

Ok guys, I've been out of the loop for over 4 years now and I'm torn between these 2 heatsinks. I'm building a new PC and will be using the EVGA P55 SLI motherboard. It can use either the Core i5 (socket 1156) or the Core i7 (socket 1366) and I will be using the Core i7 CPU.

Which heatsink would be the best between the 2. If you have other ideas, let me know...

The Noctua is supposed to be comparable to a TRUE120. You can always replace the fan with a higher CFM (and louder) version.

Ok guys, I've been out of the loop for over 4 years now and I'm torn between these 2 heatsinks. I'm building a new PC and will be using the EVGA P55 SLI motherboard. It can use either the Core i5 (socket 1156) or the Core i7 (socket 1366) and I will be using the Core i7 CPU.

Which heatsink would be the best between the 2. If you have other ideas, let me know...

The motherboard can use i5/i7 for LGA1156, not i7 LGA1366. So, don't make the mistake of trying to put a i7 920 in there.

As for the heatsink the Noctua is better. Also, check out Xigmatek HDT-s1283, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme, and Megahalems.

Thanks for the info, petteyg359 and MattNo5ss. The CPU is going to be a Core i7 860 which is a socket 1156.

Back