• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin pc3200 good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

at mushkin.com there's a promo build 512mb 3200 ram 2.5-4-4, with no heat spreader for $149 free shipping, any good? uses samsung chips, what do mushkins usually use? i've heard bad things about mushkins that aren't their hi-performance builds, opinions? experiences appreciated, thanks

I have 2 sticks of the Muskhin PC3200. They are fair I would not recommend them to anyone wanting a high fsb. They are rated at cas 2.5 for 122.00 a stick. Googlegear has the Corsair PC3200 cas2 for 89.00 a better buy an smokes the Mush hands down. The Corsair PC3200 I bought runs 200+fsb cas2 no problem. The Mushkin 1stick 190fsb cas2 the other 185 cas2 after that cas 2.5 to get any higher an start relaxing the timming. Contacted Mushkin about the 1 stick that will do 185 cas2 an as problem even at 2.5 at higher fsb an they won't do anything about it. Will I buy from the again NO!! Purchased right from Mushkin.

WinXP said:
I have 2 sticks of the Muskhin PC3200. They are fair I would not recommend them to anyone wanting a high fsb. They are rated at cas 2.5 for 122.00 a stick. Googlegear has the Corsair PC3200 cas2 for 89.00 a better buy an smokes the Mush hands down. The Corsair PC3200 I bought runs 200+fsb cas2 no problem. The Mushkin 1stick 190fsb cas2 the other 185 cas2 after that cas 2.5 to get any higher an start relaxing the timming. Contacted Mushkin about the 1 stick that will do 185 cas2 an as problem even at 2.5 at higher fsb an they won't do anything about it. Will I buy from the again NO!!

The stick is rated @ 200Mhz, CAS2.5. Are you saying that it can't do that? If so they should definately replace it for you, and from what I've heard I thought Mushkin had great service :confused:

Well they don't have great service by me. And no it will not do 200fsb cas2.5. 1 will do 205 fsb the other craps out at 195fsb but to get ther take 2.8v to 2.9v which it should not take, in fact niether stick runs as good as my 1 stick of Samsung PC2700, an they are all 256meg sticks. The Samsung will run 200 at 2.6v the Mushkin will not.

Well my experiences with Mushkin have been completely the opposite. I've bought from them on several occasions and found their service to be almost unmatched. In fact when I first put the below system together I bought their PC 2700 222. I made and error and should have purchased the 3200 2.5 3 3. Since it was inside of a "month" of purchase, they sent me the 3200, told me to check it out, and send back the one I didn't want. The stick of 3200 that I had ran at Cas2 at 216.

You are lucky then the ones I have suck bigtime. I have had them for about 6mths now. Going to put them in wife computer to get some use out of them instaed of sitting in the filing cabinet. I am glad you had good luck an service with them,which I have not.

Winxp...you might be wondering after all these good things that I'm saying about Mushkin, that why am I running Corsair. When I upgraded to XP I needed another 256 stick. So I gotta another stick of Mushkin....and of course I didn't get the performance with 2 sticks as I did with one. Well I emailed them and asked them if I could swap the "2" for one stick of the 512, and if they wanted to charge me a fair price for the swap I'd be glad to pay a few more bucks. Well I didn't here from them within 24 hours so I figured they weren't interested in dealing with my overclocking problems....:). So I sold them on Ebay, picked up a stick of the corsair for a much better price, and put 20 bucks in my pocket. What I would do, is sell your Mushkin on ebay, and pick up the Coirsair. It probably won't cost you a dime if you word the add right.

and by the way, they did email me back the second day, were very apolagetic, and said they would swap the 2x256 sticks for on of the 512 sticks without an extra charge. At that time however I already had a couple of bids on ebay and couldn't cancel the auction. However I'm not complaining, the Corsair 3200 is some good stuff!!!

Yea the corsair is good memory I have 1-256meg stick PC3200 cas2 an another on the way. Also have 1-256meg stick OCZ PC3200 cas2 rev2 an aother on the way. Everyone dislike OCZ but it runs as good as my corsair.

Back