• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a new monster, high end build for 4k/oculus gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tom's Hardware latest review:

Philips BDM4065UC 40-inch Ultra HD Monitor Review

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/philips-bdm4065uc-40-inch-ultra-hd-monitor,4302.html

Thank you for posting that! I'm reading it right now.

Oh dear........I think I will pick that up next semester....assuming I have enough left over from grants

Already ordered mine. In fact, the only things left to order are 2 of the video cards.

I went a little nuts on some things. Spent a few hundred on some streaming gear, a few hundred more on games and a few hundred more than that on peripherals... Is there an AA style organization for computer equipment?

Thank you for posting that! I'm reading it right now.

Already ordered mine. In fact, the only things left to order are 2 of the video cards.

I went a little nuts on some things. Spent a few hundred on some streaming gear, a few hundred more on games and a few hundred more than that on peripherals... Is there an AA style organization for computer equipment?

Yes, us!
I would try out two GPUs first and see how it performs for you. I don't think you'll need three.

Yes, us!
I would try out two GPUs first and see how it performs for you. I don't think you'll need three.

To late, ordered the two before I saw this.

Now there's talking sense! haha I use the "it was on sale technique" myself.

I ordered the monitor and 1 video card from Overstock yesterday and got $40 off 2 of the video cards today... That makes them on sale right?

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings."

Yea, I'd be in so much trouble if I could afford to buy hardware whenever I wanted it. One of the benefits of being below the poverty line, I guess?

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings."

Yea, I'd be in so much trouble if I could afford to buy hardware whenever I wanted it. One of the benefits of being below the poverty line, I guess?

You too, Lets start a club ROFL

I sold a BMW to buy a new computer. I think that qualifies me for membership...

There isn't anywhere in my area that buys it, that I know of. I do computer work for extra money, people around here seem to think there's a gerbil or hamster in there that makes it run. That's good for me, because I can charge as much as a vet, and they don't think twice about paying it.

Hmmmm......well, NY cost of living is high, as well as pay....let them pay. lol.
Usually you can find companies like BioMAT, and others. They do whole blood, and plasma, as well as platelet. Hey you can make money off of crap your body makes all the time. I kinda find that funny.

I too need a little monster.

Hi guys! :)

I'm Chris and I've just read through your conversation in this thread. I find myself in a very similar situation where I need to shove the old stuff of my desk and get an all new gaming rig. Main goal is to play Star Citizen and I figure that if I can do that smoothly I should be able to run other games as well. Perhaps I could even get some work (coding, 2d/3d graphics and vid stuff) done as well. At least that is a good excuse to my fiancée for me spending a lot of money on the rig.

I'm new to overclocking but somewhat comfortable building my own rig. Budget is about $3000 but I guess that I will most likely not stay there. I've spent more on ships in Star Citizen so with that as an incentive I better get a rig that allows me to play it. A wee problem though... My gf is also a gamer and whatever I get she will most likely want to have the same. Since she still is in college it will come down to my reserves and her negotiating skills. ;)

When it comes to my preferences I kinda like the 3 screen setup but could I run them on one Titan X? Maybe I could start with one card and add more later? To future proof the rig is not an easy thing but I like your approach in this thread. X99, 6 or 8 core i7, Titan X, 16GB RAM and a fair sized SSD... Guess I'm already over budget.

Well, any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers!

/Chris.

Hi guys! :)

I'm Chris and I've just read through your conversation in this thread. I find myself in a very similar situation where I need to shove the old stuff of my desk and get an all new gaming rig. Main goal is to play Star Citizen and I figure that if I can do that smoothly I should be able to run other games as well. Perhaps I could even get some work (coding, 2d/3d graphics and vid stuff) done as well. At least that is a good excuse to my fiancée for me spending a lot of money on the rig.

I'm new to overclocking but somewhat comfortable building my own rig. Budget is about $3000 but I guess that I will most likely not stay there. I've spent more on ships in Star Citizen so with that as an incentive I better get a rig that allows me to play it. A wee problem though... My gf is also a gamer and whatever I get she will most likely want to have the same. Since she still is in college it will come down to my reserves and her negotiating skills. ;)

When it comes to my preferences I kinda like the 3 screen setup but could I run them on one Titan X? Maybe I could start with one card and add more later? To future proof the rig is not an easy thing but I like your approach in this thread. X99, 6 or 8 core i7, Titan X, 16GB RAM and a fair sized SSD... Guess I'm already over budget.

Well, any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers!

/Chris.

Chris, you'll get a better response if you create your own thread.

Chris, you'll get a better response if you create your own thread.

Oh, I apologize. I did not intend to crash the party but since I found this thread to be so very similar to what I am considering, I thought I would write a few lines.
Maybe I should have contributed to the tread instead of interjecting. I will rethink and consider a specific thread. Sorry again if I stepped on any toes. :chair:

/Chris.

Back