• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot in Heeeerrreee!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Just to clarify I don't like nelly. I like my room icy. I love the cold and now that I moved my computer into my room its a little different. I was think that I could me my desk over a little to position my computer under my window. Then I could take some sort of ducting and run them out the window and attach them to the exhaust ports on my computer. Think it will help? Better air flow and stuff. I think I could put a fan right at the end of the duct to help the air keep moving. Any thoughts?

Other people have done this before and it should work. It's somewhat of a ghetto mod but you might not get great decreases in temps unless you have pretty good airflow in your case. At least the people that have done this so far haven't reported great decreases in temperature.

But hey, what the heck. Just try it and let us know how it works. How about that? :)

Btw,

Just to clarify I don't like nelly.

Maybe your computer needs "a little bit of *nudge* nudge*". Or you could tell your computer to take off all its clothes (remove the side panel). :D

DAMN YOU! I actually *HATE* that song but a person at my workplace has been singing it and now I can't get it out of my head. :D

Your room would really have to be small for a computer to heat it up. A CRT monitor is a big radiator, buuut..

A piece of advice on ducting. If you really wanna duct the heat from your computer out the window, I would advise you to do so from the top of your computer, and add a fan in the top of the case, to push it out. It'll require a little handy man's work, but its worth it.

Cheers, Flix

Oh Its just an idea right now but i am a handy guy and my dads a contractor if I ever need some help. I will see how the next few days turn out before I do any serious modding. At least of this type.

Ducting the exhaust thru the window would reduce some of the heat being leaked into your room. Like flixotide said your room must be pretty small for the computer to 'heat' it up.

Ffats said:
Being in Seattle, I'd worry about it raining into my comp! Heh.

Why??!! You have free water cooling available to your computer and you refuse to use it? :D

Btw, your sig looks suspiciously like Evnas' sig. One wonders now: Which came first? ;)

You could get that to work. How far is it from the case to the window? Maybe you should just get a window fan for the room and have it run slowly all the time and use that to keep the room cool. Then you would also exhaust the heat from the monitor.

Thank You,
Daniel

It would be about a 1.5 feet from the window. And in Seattle it hardly rains hard, it just rains a lot. (Most days of rain, not inches of rain.) But I would install some sort of blocking of device just in case. Although that would be a prime terror attack spot, pour water down my air vent!! Whos Evnas?

Back