• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rio 2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

Rio Pumps

I was just curious as to how good the Rio pumps were? If anyone knows how they compare to others and if they are reliable an not to Hot running.

They suck IMO. I have one in my fish tank(rio 800) and after about a week it quit on me. Go with a Maxi-jet 1200 or Via aqua pump if your on a budget, but if you got alittle cash go for a Eheim or a Danner Mag drive. I use a Maxi-jet 1200 and so far it rocks I have had it runnning 24/7 for about 3 weeks and no sign of slowin down.
~Peace
Oh yea my Rio runs hotter submerged than my Maxi-jet does inline.

I'm using a maxi jet 1200 as well but the only way it works is submerged. So I want to get a new pump. I have heard GREAT things about the danner mag pumps so I may start to lean over to them.

rios do suck, I have a sal****er aquarium and they are constantly dying on me. I switched to a mag drive and have not had a problem since. The maxi jets are a good low budget choice as stated above.

I had a rio 800 for a while. It seemed to work fine while I had it, but all the horror stories of them dying made me bite the bullet and buy an ehiem.....

i have the rio2100 in my setup and its really quiet. its been running for about 2 weeks now. i got it cuz its 25w, 692gph and it was cheap at a local petstore. but let me remind u that the rios were made to run submerged (thats what the guy at the store told me), i had to seal the the inlet were i put my barb so nothing well leak. maxijets can run inline, i had my 1200 running inline for 3months w/ no problems. great lil pump!

rio 2100, says supposed to run submersible only... BS

im in my 7th month of 24/7 running and it still runs like a champ

thumbs up for the 2100!

Back