• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holy moter! see what the L12 mod allowed me to do!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

the mod where you put some telephone wire in the ah30 and ground allowed me to not gain any fsb(I think it is just plum tuckered at 196 hehe)anywho but it did allow me to hit near 2vcore on the infamous 1700+DLt3c....which before said no to anything over 1.875 in bios 1.9 it wouoldn't even boot...then after the mod I said hey wy not 1.93 and VWALLA!....I have booted now into windows at a whopping 2.513gHZ before 2.499 was my best and 2.4 was my best stable..after this..I think 2.5 is in the books for me......but at what amount of vcore is the quetion!......I am scared to take it past a true 1.95 vcore......2.0 in bios....what do yall think.....I think 2.4 is well and good:D...I am sure 2.5 is attainable but not for a long period of time.....I hear the cip deredades over time.....my temps witht the 1.18 bios where 45 at 2.03 vcore in bios...1.95 on mbm5 in windows.....the computer keeps turing off when running prime....actually it blue screens then turns off......at 2.513gHz....anyone have any input?!

WOW so didn't mean for this to be posted 3 times.....please forgive me :(

i can go to 2.1v on my old duron 750, why is your chip any different? be interesting to know.

i think your ram is holding you back....mushkin is great but you might try some pc3200 instead...or even higher if you can afford it...just get a good brand with a high rated fsb...like 3200 or 3500.

tyshy
yeah my ram is definetly holding me back.......I am looking into some 3700 buffolo with winbond....
Turando
the reason it's a big deal is because this chip starts at 1.5 which is much lower then other chips......so 2.1 = 2.25 which is preaty high also this chip is known for not liking higher voltage....and seing as I fixed that problem that would mean I could attain a huge overclock with better ram and cooling...:D

Back