• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyan

I'm building a new PC on budget and I decided to go with AMD because they are cheaper. I went to my local store and he's willing to let me have a MSI KT4V or Gigabyte GA-7VAX or ASUS A7N8X-X for the same price so which one should I pick?

The motherboard cost me $115 CDN ($80 US). Is there any other motherboard that is in this price range that offer better performance?

Other components I'm purchasing are:
AMD Athlon 2500+
Infenion 256MB PC-2700 RAM
Geforce FX 5200(128MB)
Maxtor 30GB harddrive
Case with 350 watts PSU

All the above mentioned mothboards have intergrated sound so I don't have to purchase a soundcard.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

if those are your only choices, i would take the a7n8x, as the msi looks to be a kt400 board, and the gigabyte is unknown to me, and given the pci lock of the a7n8x, i would try for pc3200 ram instead pf pc2700, that way you could run that chip at 200fsb, probably without even lowering the multi to give you a budget 3200+ system

yep 8rda+ is the one to get which is around those prices.. and out of those boards only the asus is worth getting(NF2 Chipset) only thing is its the single channel board but it still outperforms the other two

Back