• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
Here's the stepping for my AMD AThlon 2500+

AQXDA0321MPM

Anyone have this stepping or is familiar with it? I want to know how far people have overclocked this. I already checked the database but would like to hear from someone on the board.

Also, I once thought I ruined my 2000+ with as3, but it was jsut the heatsink...was on wrong. Anyhow, I bought a new mobo and proc....my current stuff, and I had a tech guy apply the as3. It worked. Well, I've since learned how to apply thermal paste. SO I bought a new heatsink and reapplied the as3 to teh core. But I could not believe how much as3 the tech put on my cpu. It was ridiculous. Took me forever with q-tips and alcohol to clean it up. But I did it. In fact, it even runs a lot cooler. It was 33-34C idle and 47 after running UT for a while. Not it's 28 idle and 33 during UT. So that proves I know what I'm doing now with the thermal paste. Well, could be the new heatsink, but I don't think it would make that big of an improvement. Antec Aeroflow TMD Fan ect ect

Here's the pic of my cpu after i removed the original HSF that the tech guy did.

767715757917.jpg

I told you. Ridiculous.

Back