• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps+fan ??...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

porer

ok when im in bios it says 64c/142f and when i go to the asus probe it says 43c/109f for my cpu temp. wtf..which one is right?

also i have an SLK-800u + tornado fan and the box says it can run at 5700rpm but it will only run at 2766rpm...how can i get it up 5700

(sorry im new at all this stuff :( )

you need to turn off the auto fan adjustment funtion for the mobo.... i think 43C sounds more realistic for your setup.

where do i do this? (bios?) and what exactly would it be called?

the BIOS, can be accessed at boot-up, where it says "press DEL to enter BIOS" (after the memory count)

then you should look in those menus for something like "auto adjust fan speeD" or something... i wouldn tknow where to find it, only know it prolly wont be in the RAM section...

he knows how to get into the bios

im fairly sure tornados dont have speed ajustment.

his high temps are most likely due to bad heatsink mount.. that temp is too high for tornado/slk800

Back