• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I losing my mind or did mushkin ram prices change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

Am I losing my mind or did mushkin ram prices change? (CHANGED AGAIN)

at newegg Ive had the cart filled for a while, but I dont remember the pc3200 2-2-2 ram being 285$, I thought it was around 230..

plus I see its now BH-6 and not BH-5, and the BH-6 doesnt OC as well. right?

this is going in a DFI infinity mobo with a mobile 2600 water cooled so I want to be able to OC this stuff to the extreme.

I didnt think it was 285$ though, but even so, Im prepared to spend that much if its still worth it. but I see the PC4000 for 24$ more...

Ive read the 32bit stuff cant really get over 3200 without OC, but I plan to OC, and being able to use it in 2 years when I might upgrade to 64bit(if they dont require registered ram) would be worth the 24$.

so
get the 3200 for 285$
get the 4000 for 309$
or get something else the 3200 got too expensive and the 4000 is a waste. (please specify)

Last edited:
mushkin special 222 just went up in price (as are all ram lately) just within the past day. they were $243 a couple days ago. they've always been bh-6 though, it was just the lv2 blacks that were bh-5. the bh-6 supposedly overclocks pretty high if you feed it alot of voltage (3+v).

of the ram available, the 222 special seems to be among the better ones. not sure about the pc4000, but it depends how high a fsb you plan on taking the dfi.

Whoa... $42 price increase on the Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2 Special Dual Pack 1GB (2x512mb)! Glad I bought mine when I did... it's great RAM (BH-6 is just about as good as BH-5 in OC'ing when you give it some volts)! Still, it's darn good RAM, pretty much the best you can get that's readily available right now.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!! It just shot up $50 in the last 5 hours. This stuff is all out of control.

damnit, so Im not losing my mind I got screwed, I thought everything would go DOWN as I waited, didnt expect it to go up :(

so is it still worth it though?

higher volts puts more stress on the chips doesnt it? shortening its life?

I mean with the price difference pretty close now. is it still worth it? 380$ for 3200ram seems a bit insane... not that 340 wasnt, but...

those that have it, would you still have gotten it for 40$ more or just go to 4000? can you not overclock it just as well being that its faster to begin with?

THIS IS GETTING STUPID.

for those interested, mushkin 3200 2-2-2 special is now 315$.

yup, the prices changed since I posted this thread 4 hours ago. and is 85$ more than it was 12 hours ago

FYI, 4000 is 309, 3200 is 315.

guys what the hell is going on?

no way in hell Im paying MORE for 3200 than 4000.

havent been following other brands, but it certainly doesnt include the other types of mushkin ram, as it surpassed its upper counterpart

SimGuy said:
Umm.. Wow.

That KomUSA ADATA PC4200 stuff is looking better and better...

BH-5 or not, that price is insane.

yep ur right, mushkin puts out some good ram, however, i paid 50.00 with rebate for my kingston bh6/ and 248.00 for a gig of damn fast pc4200 is the way to go...

Yeah the Adata stuff will blow away anything put out by Mushkin, or anyone else for that matter.. I've always been a big Mushkin fan, but if I can find faster memory for less money, I'd be a fool to not buy it.
If you're running a P4 800FSB setup, then I would HIGHLY recommend the Adata memory. If you're running a non-athlon64 system, then this probably wouldn't be the best memory for you as I loves lots of MHz with loose timings.
There are still several quality brands of memory around that aren't charging a small fortune for their memory. Kingston, Corsair, and OCZ all come to mind.

what is the CH5?

this is such a pain, I had found an auction on ebay for PC3500 BH5 sticks(2x512) but sadly the guy was looking for 350$ and he got it, Im not willing to pay that much for anything. Id like to keep it in the low to mid 200's, is this gonna be possible? what is there thats in that range thats good?

How about $45 for 512mb of Kingston ValueRam PC2700 at Circuit City? It's got the same BT-D43 chips that the AData use(although the AData has them remarked)?

It's not time to wave goodbye to tight timings, just to BH5. Newer CH5 performs very well, and Hynix BT-D43, BT-J, and BT-5 perform even better. BH5 and BH6 are nothing more than a joke now.

Price for memory is going up for all memory.

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Spot prices for computer memory chips surged last week to levels not seen in more than a year due to several factors, including the post-election dispute in Taiwan, which raised fears that some chip supplies may be cut off, analysts said.

Some market watchers have forecast the high prices may last through April -- historically the weakest month of the year for sales of dynamic random access memory chips

Winbond is no longer producing memory so there will be no more BH5, CH5, BH6 or CH6. These chips are a HOT commodity right now and everyong is looking for them.
OCZ and Corsair are out of parts and Mushkin is running low. You will see all prices rise for all ddr and sdram.

Duonger

BH5 and BH6 are nothing more than a joke now.

I don't know how you can say it's a joke, some guy hit 275 fsb with 3.5 or 3.7 volts.......(that was Bh-6) Yeah it needs a lot of volts to hit that, but he also had good timings. I should be getting some Bh-5 chips made by Corsair soon & I hardly doubt they will be a joke.

It's a joke in terms of practicality. No doubt, they were and still are outstanding chips, it's just ridiculous to have to pay nearly $200 for only 512mb, when other options that come close, or in some cases surpass it, can be had for a fraction of the price.

Back