• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sneak peek, tell me watcha think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lothar5150

Coolsleeves™ Guy
:beer:
BayResTop.gif

BayResRear.gif

Actually, from the threaded insert on the side, it looks like a bayres that doesn't crack, split, leak, or disintegrate under alcohol...much needed.
The indents at the non-fitted end look as they are meant to let the bay cover stay in place (room for the locking tabs).

If only I could thermalform like that....oy the possibilities!

Diggrr said:
Actually, from the threaded insert on the side, it looks like a bayres that doesn't crack, split, leak, or disintegrate under alcohol...much needed.
The indents at the non-fitted end look as they are meant to let the bay cover stay in place (room for the locking tabs).

You got it ;)

isisfreak said:
Sounds great! Very nice. Any plans for clear or other colors though?

Thanks. For this series the production color will be translucent (just like a rubbing alcohol bottle), because of the material used it cannot be made crystal clear. Besides the design, emphasis was reliability and function. I really wanted to fix the problems associated with the acrylic models. This res will outlast your other components.

I may produce a clear, UV color etc... In the future, however the cost is very high to produce crystal clear with this production process.

klath said:
Not bad but unless they offer it in clear plastic, it would defeat one of the purposes of a bay-res. :(

I think the primary purpose of a reservoir is to fill and bleed the system. Also, If the res leaks or cracks and leeks it really does not matter what it looks like.

When you move to crystal clear product, the plastic is much harder and brittle, leaving you prone to the same downfalls that they've always had...crack, split, hosed.

That's what this fixes. You can't have both. The best he could do is like a milk jug, those are made from much the same process. And then he'd have to redesign the mould because of the gaps left at the sides in the bay opening.

It's not always about the eye candy. Sooner or later, you have to go with what works!

So Lothar, have you tried the fit with Antec's drive slides? It's the only way to mount in their case...

Diggrr said:
So Lothar, have you tried the fit with Antec's drive slides? It's the only way to mount in their case...

No yet, however, I don’t imagine that it will be a problem since the mounting screw holes are in the standard location used by all 5 1/4 bay devices.

Back