• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pronoob

Innovatek Waterblock (that black small one)
Innovatek Reservoir
Eheim 1046
Dangerden Blackice 80mm Micro Chrome

Good enough for what?

You've got a pump, radiator and block, so the thing will work, but as far as performance it depends on a lot of things.

-what are you cooling with it, and at what speeds/voltages?

That could of course be called "good enough" as it will obviously be better than any air cooling around that doesn't use a leaf blower, but it all depends on what you want your system to do for you.

If you are going to be cooling anything significant and want temps lower than a good HSF then you might want to get (2) BIX micros and run them in parrallel.
That way you still get the benefit of a small rad but the performance of a much larger one.

But like what matttheniceguy said, what are you trying to do with this system?

i seem to hv a CPU idle 48C with intel stock fan with a little overvolt

btw does that AGP Power option in BIOS help overclocking?

You mean that 2.4C in your sig? According to a program I have called cpu power it will put out aout 85 watts running at 3.0 and say 1.525v.

I have a barton core putting out about 95W and am keeping it under control with only one 80mm radiator, so it is possable. That said I have 2 fans ducted to blow and suck on it so it takes a lot of airflow.

I would suggest you get yourself a nice big cheap heatercore from your local auto parts shop. For $25 you can get a radiator better than anything you can buy branded for computers.

btw the Senfu Radiator cost $20 now
should I get that one?
I screw up my Senfu one by drilling the pipes

Back