• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how well can ocz platinum pc3200 rev.2 run on my rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

comp_melter

im am going to upgrade my memory, and i am pretty sure im getting that stuff. my question is, how well can this stuff overclock, and run on my comp. currently, i have:

3200+ winchester @285*10
asus A8v deluxe rev.2
seasonic super silencer 400w
6600gt
maxtor hd
2x optical drives

also, this board can only put in 2.8v on the ram, and i havent done any volt modding or anything, and i dont really plan on it. im wondering if ill have any issues overclocking this stuff, and how high it can go. thanks.

comp_melter said:
im am going to upgrade my memory, and i am pretty sure im getting that stuff. my question is, how well can this stuff overclock, and run on my comp. currently, i have:

3200+ winchester @285*10
asus A8v deluxe rev.2
seasonic super silencer 400w
6600gt
maxtor hd
2x optical drives

also, this board can only put in 2.8v on the ram, and i havent done any volt modding or anything, and i dont really plan on it. im wondering if ill have any issues overclocking this stuff, and how high it can go. thanks.

Unfortunately, nobody can tell you just how well that OCZ Rev 2 will run on your system. I'm sure you've heard this before, but your results will vary as no to systems are alike. However, my guess would be that the OCZ should be able to hit at least about 270 Mhz or so before it tops out.

My only main concern would be your limited voltage options, coupled with the fact that the Asus A8V isn't necessarily known for its great overclcoks. You may not need more than 2.8 volts, but some TCCD/TCC5 don't even begin to shine until you push about 2.9 ~ 3.0 volts into them. Take this into consideration.

deception``

alright, thanks. i heard something about winchesters not being able to handle tight timings, like 2-2-2 timings. is this true?

Back