• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinMedia problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dittohead

hey
anyone experiencing any win media probs?

ive had a few video play back problem,
audio seems to be slower than usual

the video, ive fixed....nearly

the audio seems slower, maybe something to do with bitrates

like you see the video talking before you heat the actual words ? like poorly made jet li movies?. that happened to me before o_O i just called it lag and got winamp but mabye its because your dling something or playing a game in the background? or doign a defrag

the video doesnt reallly bother me anymore :)
the sound definately does

have you heard AC/DC - Thunderstruck?

the intro guitar bit....that sounds VERY slow and like 56k internet stream quality
played that on winamp, and iTunes, better.

i would prefer to stick with WMP, cos its better organised and more fun :D

Initially stating what sound card and version of Windows Media Player is being used would have been good.

Try resetting your sound settings.

You may have to use the sound card software to do so.

If you have an SBAudigy2 ZS card, the settings may be reset using the following application that install with the Audigy2 ZS driver (I do not have my Audigy2 ZS card with me, path may need modification):

"C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2 ZS\Program\WDM\COMMON\CtPanel.exe"

You may also try modifying WMP settings.

Reset Soundcard settings: Start -> Programs (or "All Programs") -> Creative -> Sound Blaster Live! -> Creative Restore Defaults.

Does Windows Media Player 6.4 yield similar results as the problem?

I am not sure where to reset playback settings for Windows Media Player 10 (I don't use it (I stay with Windows Media Player 7.1 and Windows Media Player 6.4)).

Back